Getting new Graphics card.

M1kkelZR

Their has to be a reason you are being a cheese hole about me wanting to sli cards. I know it has nothing to with electricity, is it because you are jealous that it would beat a 3870 to the ground, and that 560ti doesn't sound cooler and look cooler than a 3870m but 460 sli does?

Lol No need to get hostile man.

No I am most certainly not jealous of it beating my 3870. Why would I? My 3870 is good for the moment, and plays most games how I want it to. So I'll ask again why would I be jealous?

Who would care about how it sounds GTX460's in SLI, GTX560ti or Radeon HD3870... Its a GPU. No one, I repeat no one, will ever care how their name sounds like. Its cool to have a card with an awesome name, but its about it doing what you want.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
hd6870 crossfired is a beast, it beats the gtx580 his ass and is cheaper!
I think 260 euros or something...

FuryRosewood

or you could save 400 bucks and get a 670. which would last you alot longer than the two lesser cards. 1 670 WILL do 3 monitors.

M1kkelZR

To be fair, I think 60-70% of the people here will think that is just a waste of money.

Why not just take the advice and actually get a single card that outperforms the SLI'd 460s?

jonnyp11

To be fair, I think 60-70% of the people here will think that is just a waste of money.

Why not just take the advice and actually get a single card that outperforms the SLI'd 460s?

Not really, he doesn't have the money for that good of a card and sli'd 460's are killer, it's about the same as a 580 for wayy less.

M1kkelZR

Not really, he doesn't have the money for that good of a card and sli'd 460's are killer, it's about the same as a 580 for wayy less.

Yeah, But I'd still always like to go for a single card that performs just as well instead of wasting cash on 2 older gen cards. But its a personal prefrence I think. But you wont notice much with a SLI'd 460's and 1 GTX470/480. They are good cards, but maybe you will get that 10-15 fps extra if your an FPS fanatic for gaming.

jonnyp11

Yeah, But I'd still always like to go for a single card that performs just as well instead of wasting cash on 2 older gen cards. But its a personal prefrence I think. But you wont notice much with a SLI'd 460's and 1 GTX470/480. They are good cards, but maybe you will get that 10-15 fps extra if your an FPS fanatic for gaming.

10-15 is a big difference when it's 25 vs. 35-40.

FuryRosewood

Compatibility is my big concern, there are games that just do not work well with a SLI setup, sounds good on paper, but when it comes down to it, sometimes your left with just the performance of one card.

jonnyp11

Compatibility is my big concern, there are games that just do not work well with a SLI setup, sounds good on paper, but when it comes down to it, sometimes your left with just the performance of one card.

But then they are updated and fixed relatively quick, and the few that aren't, if there are any, he might not even play, any big title will definitely be fixed.

jonnyp11

Well if he's happy with his setup then that's all that matters, if he isn't then you guys said not to get it so he can blame himself, not me for supporting what in this scenario is the wrong choice, but i think is the right one

A GTX 460 is a good card for most games to play on high without sli, and the many games that come out that support can play many games on max with sli. Most games I play are not to resource intensive. Plus, can anybody get it pass their thick heads, I need dual nvidia gpus in fermi to support 3 monitors! If a kepler card comes out this year that is better than a 460 sli setup, I will get it. Or, if 7850 price comes down, maybe I will get that.

JLuchinski

A GTX 460 is a good card for most games to play on high without sli, and the many games that come out that support can play many games on max with sli. Most games I play are not to resource intensive. Plus, can anybody get it pass their thick heads, I need dual nvidia gpus in fermi to support 3 monitors! If a kepler card comes out this year that is better than a 460 sli setup, I will get it. Or, if 7850 price comes down, maybe I will get that.

Yeah that will be more then enough, especially for the res. of the monitor in your sig if that's the one you will be using. I had the 768mb GTX 460 and it did very good at 1080p for a lot of games, two in SLI will be awesome especially now that drivers are getting even better.

Yeah that will be more then enough, especially for the res. of the monitor in your sig if that's the one you will be using. I had the 768mb GTX 460 and it did very good at 1080p for a lot of games, two in SLI will be awesome especially now that drivers are getting even better.

I will be getting 2 22 108op monitors and be paired with my AOC, so it will put a lot more strain on the GPU. I think for dual or triple monitors, dual gpus really help.

jonnyp11

I will be getting 2 22 108op monitors and be paired with my AOC, so it will put a lot more strain on the GPU. I think for dual or triple monitors, dual gpus really help.

but remember, i'm pretty sure sli only uses the memory of 1 card, not doubling the memory, so you'd want to get the highest memory version you can