Give me Conroe or Give me death!

1+3+3=7

Motoxrdude said:
The watts doesnt mean anything. Good luck finding a case with watercooling that fits in your budget.

So your saying I cant build watercooling conroe pc with 5000.00usd?

Dr Studly

banned
when u buy the Core Duo 2s i beleive from any site, they are OEM... which means ur gona need to buy a heatsink/fan

with ur budget you can't get GOOD watercooling.... it isn't worth it... just get a nice HSF...

Edit: $5,000 budget?

goodie... i'm gona have some fun here...

Bobo

banned
Encore4More said:
when u buy the Core Duo 2s i beleive from any site, they are OEM... which means ur gona need to buy a heatsink/fan

with ur budget you can't get GOOD watercooling.... it isn't worth it... just get a nice HSF...
Can't get good watercooling for $5k? Then how much money do you need? (I have never researched watercooling at all)

1+3+3=7

I dont know which method is better the water cooling or the liquid cooling which one of these cooling does cools the most?

Dr Studly

banned
Approx: $5,770

Ok, so i went a little [$770] over budget. I will let you guys to the trimming.

This is almost a model computer. It sports the Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800, which is the fastest retail processor known to mankind. Also 2GB (1x2GB) of one of the fastest DDR2 800 RAM sticks that are availible to retail buyers also with a "3" Cas Latency... Of course the superclocked 7950GX2 1GB in SLI making a total of 2GB video memory. The 15,000RPM SCSI Drive could be called the very heart of the computer. Loading windows with this harddrive will be literally instantanious... And opening programs should be immediate. And also your state of the art water cooling and cooling case...

FOR THE TRIMMING:
So, i understand we are going to need to trim about $700 worth of parts... :/
Idk what i should trim, it is up to you, but the things i would NOT trim primarily is the SCSI drive/card, and that fastass RAM...

m0nk3ys1ms

Encore4More said:

This is almost a model computer. It sports the Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800, which is the fastest retail processor known to mankind. Also 2GB (1x2GB) of one of the fastest DDR2 800 RAM sticks that are availible to retail buyers also with a "3" Cas Latency... Of course the superclocked 7950GX2 1GB in SLI making a total of 2GB video memory. The 15,000RPM SCSI Drive could be called the very heart of the computer. Loading windows with this harddrive will be literally instantanious... And opening programs should be immediate. And also your state of the art water cooling and cooling case...

FOR THE TRIMMING:
Idk what i should trim, it is up to you, but the things i would NOT trim primarily is the SCSI drive/card, and that fastass RAM...

Getting this memory will trim a bit off.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146565

This power supply.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931

This case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133143

Heck, i'll just come up with a different build, brb.

Last edited:

1+3+3=7

Encore4More said:

FOR THE TRIMMING:

This is exactly the setup i was looking for. Now Just one question what is the SCSI card for? what does it do?

Dr Studly

banned
monkeysims said:
look at the little notie at the end... :D
with a $5,000 budget i would look for 2x1gb RAM that has 3 cas ladency...

monkeysims said:
wont be nearly enough to power 2 7950s... they have a minimum requirement of 550watts... that is 550 exactly... that might be cutting it a littl short on power... expecially powering that SCSI drive... i think we shouldn't relally cut on the power supply... and the rapid rate PSUs are more and more aging, it would be better to buy a futureproof one... (i learned this from ku-sama)

i was thinking of cutting out one of the 7950s... is it really nesessary for 2? it wont increase performance noticably (for example the 15K RPM harddrive would for loading times and just simple opening programs)

1+3+3=7 said:
This is exactly the setup i was looking for. Now Just one question what is the SCSI card for? what does it do?
the "C" harddrive is a extremely high performance FAAAAAASTASS harddrive... The fastes harddrives use what is called a "SCSI" interface... however SCSI interfaces are not plugged availible in/on motherboards and u have to buy a "SCSI Card"
you basically plug the card into a PCI slot and then plug the harddrive into the card...

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
monkeysims said:
Oh great, I see a repeat of the last one coming :D
That raptor doesn't isn't as good as the SCSI drive. Get one SCSI drive and one of the 750GB drives.

1+3+3=7

Im confused. Which one should i get? sims or Encore idea? And speaking of that 770.00 over. No problem I have 1021.00 usd CASH right now and the 5k newegg pays it off. total budget 6021.00USD
Now do i need a fan for that cpu? or the zalman covers the fan part.

Last edited:

Dr Studly

banned
i beleive we agreed (monkeysims,bobo, and I on AIM chatroom) that u should get mine, but remove one of the video cards...
but i made a mistake on the SCSI cards... get this one isntead (seeing as urbidget is $6000)

bleh* stick with the one i first posted

oh and idk what they decieded on the PSU

Last edited: