Give me Conroe or Give me death!

Bobo

banned
1+3+3=7 said:
The total for that setup would be 4958. And that scsi card which one should it be?
I added it in
A little over the original budget, but include shipping and you are right around 5500

apj101

VIP Member
encore4more said:
# Motherboard: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard - $270
# Video Card: XFX PVT71UZDF9 Geforce 7950GX2 1GB 512-bit (256-bit x2) GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Xtreme Video Card - Buy 2 in SLI, $610x2=$1220
care to tell me how you are going to run SLI on intel 975x chipset? That would be a neat trick.

monkeysims said:
Have you been taking lessons from encore ;) you cant SLI on a intel 965 or the 975, and the asus P5B runs i965 which lacks both sli and crossfire capacity

At least the recommendation by encore would support cross fire if you moved to ati cards

folks, please take the time to check out the items you post as suggetions, if the user where to buy on the back of these recommendation and then find one of his cards doesnt work... well he would be a little upset, and probably come back and take it out on the site!
:)

Rambo

To be honest, I don't like SLI anyway. I don't see the point in it... You have two cards working, but the second doesn't work at 100%. In all, you are spending double the money for 1.5/6 times the performance.

m0nk3ys1ms

apj101 said:
care to tell me how you are going to run SLI on intel 975x chipset? That would be a neat trick.

Have you been taking lessons from encore ;) you cant SLI on a intel 965 or the 975, and the asus P5B runs i965 which lacks both sli and crossfire capacity

At least the recommendation by encore would support cross fire if you moved to ati cards

folks, please take the time to check out the items you post as suggetions, if the user where to buy on the back of these recommendation and then find one of his cards doesnt work... well he would be a little upset, and probably come back and take it out on the site!

I never said he had to run them in SLI.;)

Bobo

banned
apj101 said:

Did you read my posts at all? He isn't running SLI.

Bobo

banned
bratton said:
is this a joke? you obviously have no idea what youre doing. dont go wasting 5k on a computer.
It is his money, let him do what he wants without your opinion. And he knows exactly what he is doing.

bball4life

Ditch the seagate cheata and get two 10k rpm hdd, like the wd raptor, in a raid 0 setup. That will be faster and quite a bit cheaper. But seriously why waste 5k on a computer, that you obviously don't have the money right now for and taht will still be outdated in a year or two anyway.

bratton

Bobo said:
It is his money, let him do what he wants without your opinion. And he knows exactly what he is doing.
i will give my opinion against spending 5k as you will give your opinion promoting spending 5k. so, you, let him do what he wants without your opinion if he knows what he is doing

Bobo

banned
bratton said:
i will give my opinion against spending 5k as you will give your opinion promoting spending 5k. so, you, let him do what he wants without your opinion if he knows what he is doing
I did not give him my opinion, because he has no need for anybody's opinion on whether or not he should spend that much. I actually answer his question on what he should get with his $5k. Big difference there.....;)

apj101

VIP Member
I never said he had to run them in SLI.
You suggested buying dual gpu's, why would you do that except to suggest sli. You can say some anything now, but the fact is you made a small error when you posted your suggestions, i would be thankfull if i where you, i just saved you some embarrasement.

bobo said:
Did you read my posts at all? He isn't running SLI.
not sure why your chimming in, i didnt say anything about your post, you where the only one who didnt suggest the error. But of course how would i know that unless I read your post :)