Glass effect

Kornowski

VIP Member
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knew of a program that will give windows that glass effect that vista has?

And the toolbar arrows... like XP has the green circle with the arrow in, How can I get it to look like the Vista ones?

Like this:

vista5270_082.jpg

Last edited:

TFT

VIP Member
To tell you the truth, I've downloaded it but am a little apprehensive to run it:( It looks really cool but if something should go wrong and I want to uninstall it does say that some people have had problems.

I'm looking for a braver man than me:D

Kornowski

VIP Member
I know, I've looked it up and people do say there are problems with it and I don't really want to go through the hastle...

I've found something that does the Alt+TAB flip browsing thing, it's called Top Desk :D

patrickv

use Glass2K for Glass effect dont download the VTP .Also for arrows use Styler toolbar.
honestly i dont like VTP !...lol.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Hey,

I've got Styler XP and I've put the Vista thing in the folder but I can't get it to work, I double click it and nothing happens?

patrickv

i said styler toolbar not StyleXP (its not stylerXP)..just download styler Toolbar and you'll see.Also download glass2k. dont worry this is your sloution.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Sorry, I meant to say Toolbar Styler, thats what I have...

I don't want the whole window transparent... Just the top bar...

Kornowski

VIP Member
I checked the settings and you can't... :(

I think you HAVE to have Vista if you want all the fancy things...

PC Hobbyist

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knew of a program that will give windows that glass effect that vista has?

And the toolbar arrows... like XP has the green circle with the arrow in, How can I get it to look like the Vista ones?

Hi again Kornowski,
As for the toolbar.....
My favorite one (and the one I use now) is this one:
You can download it here: http://www.savefile.com/files/466752

toolbarforstylerdw0.jpg

A similar choice is this one:
vistastylerpicgo8.jpg

You can download this second one here: http://www.savefile.com/files/466717

After unzipping these, place the folders in C:\Program Files\Styler\TB\skins\Styler's
(assuming that is where you installed Styler)

I hope it is what you are looking for. Oh, and fyi, on those toolbars, the area immediately next to the forward arrow moves you one up in the directory tree. It took me a while to discover that one - duh. :rolleyes:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Oh right, I don't think I'll get Windows Blinds... Doesn't it take up a lot of memory?

Ok cool, Looks good, but it'd be nice to have the address bar, like you said :p

PC Hobbyist

I'm using this one at the moment, its the one you recomended :p

It looks good. And your theme looks good too. I used msstyles for a long time and your theme style looks like the one I used to use. A couple of years ago back I had problems with the demo version of WindowBlinds and so I said I would never get it. Well, eventually I saw that they were coming out with some nice themes with the glass effect and so I broke down and paid the 20 bucks for WB5. I have not regretted it. I have 1.5 GB of RAM and I have not noticed much difference in performance at all since I installed WB. I guess that would depend on what other things you have running and how much RAM you have.

Unfortunately, I don't know that you can get the glass effect without an extra program like WB that has support for alpha channel (for transparency). Of course, your video card needs to support that too, but most of them do now a days.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, It may well be the same one...

Yeah, I've looked and looked but there isn't anything other than WB that'll do it and I've had bad experiances with it in the past, thanks a lot for the help :)

X2BreakOfFate

WINDOWS BLINDS! Actually no... just get vista. When you get windows blinds you have the glass effects but I want the whole OS (50percent downloaded oh yeah!)