---> Good Hardware Deal? <----

Jesse

Okay guys I got another potential hardware deal.

ALL BRAND NEW!!!

I can get a Pentium D 2.8GHz processor for $75 (New)
I can get a Abit IL9-Pro PCI express mobo for $75
And a 500 GB Sata 2 7200 RPM hard drive for $75

Maybe some cheap RAM too...

Are these good for gaming? Still need to buy Graphics card. I want to play games like COD4... company of heroes... AOE3

Did I mention their all new parts :p?

Last edited:

reddevil6

Yea thats a alright deal.
get 2or more G of ram (CHEAP)
GPU get a 3850, 3870, 8800GS.
with a good fan OC the CPU to 3.6GHz or so.
pretty good deal

Jesse

Heres his updated email:

"I will throw in a 1 gig stick for 25 bucks. 225 for the following:

motherboard
processor
hard drive
ram - I think its ampro. Not sure. Works great though.
I will even throw in a wireless keyboard and mouse."

sup2jzgte

Be careful when people start saying they will throw in stuff because it sounds like he wants to move the stuff out fast and if he is in need of money he would not throwing stuff in for free.

Unsheathed 171

Heres his updated email:

"I will throw in a 1 gig stick for 25 bucks. 225 for the following:

motherboard
processor
hard drive
ram - I think its ampro. Not sure. Works great though.
I will even throw in a wireless keyboard and mouse."

Am I missing something?
He said everything was new but yet he says the ram works great?

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
I can get a Pentium D 2.8GHz processor for $75 (New)
I can get a Abit IL9-Pro PCI express mobo for $75

That's a tight little MoBo - I love mine. You can get an E2180 though on TigerDirect for $60+ shipping though. What Series of CPU? Pentium D's had 800's and 900's. If it's an 800, forget about it. The E2180 will out-perform the D's, so you may want ot look into it.

I, too, would be *very* suspicious of sellers when they want to 'toss in' extra product. Buyer beware...

Jesse

Lol, they were going to open their own custom computer shop with their "friend" but they bailed on them and now there stuck with a ton of brand new hardware and no money.

it's a D 915

I'll show you guys the craigslist post

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/sys/605436235.html

By the way I'm dropping the mobo cuz it's junk and i'm gonna but a p31 for the same price. Also dropping memory.

oregon

Don't get the Pentium D either. It's pretty old, and inferior to the core 2's. I would just buy online. If you really want good deals, search slickdeals.net. That's where a bunch of us find stuff.

whatuusay1

I would agree with Oregon - If you're going to spend 2-300 why not buy something new. I personally would get a Dell Vostro (small business line) desktop. They frequently have specials in the 400 range (easily back into the 250-300 range once you sell off the monitor). Granted.. you'll never overclock with that rig but the c2d will be much faster, and you get quiet a bit more for the money - and a warranty.

http://www.dell.com/content/product...&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&dgc=BF&cid=20243&lid=507235

Core 2 duo
2GB Ram
20" LCD
250 Sata HD
DVDRW
Free Shipping
OS license
1yr warranty
for $489.00

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Dell typically locks all but the basic BIOS functions, hence no fine-tuning voltage, FSB, or multipliers.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
You view it as idiotic, but Dell views it as ensuring they stay competitive by selling different levels of performance at different prices, which is a completely acceptable business practice.

Jesse

Anways someone is selling an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard for $80... good deal?

Then I can get a AMD athlon 5000+ black edition processor

oregon

Not the best... You really don't want to be buying an AMD X2 right now. They are barely competitive with core 2 duo's and AMD will probably be coming out with new stuff soon.

Jesse

New stuff that is more expensive that is...

I just want a reliable computer for gaming/ anything else. Not really planning on upgrading in the near future.

oregon

Me too!

You can usually get cheaper stuff online though. An E4400 or E4500 is about same price as the 5000+ but can be overclocked to be much more powerful. It's just all around better.

Instinct5

man everyone is about overclocking i mean ya it makes your cpu faster but.. you take so many risks with overclocking to much you have to make sure everything is stable gotta have the right cooling so you dont fry anything.. personaly i like to stay stock to not eff myself over somehow i just have that kinda luck and if anything were to happen my warranty is gone. i just find it irratating when somone asks for a cpu and everyone says E2180 and oc to 3.0 like man sorry for rant in this particular topic but i needed to get it off my chest :(