---> Good Hardware Deal? <----

MosIncredible

man everyone is about overclocking i mean ya it makes your cpu faster but.. you take so many risks with overclocking to much you have to make sure everything is stable gotta have the right cooling so you dont fry anything.. personaly i like to stay stock to not eff myself over somehow i just have that kinda luck and if anything were to happen my warranty is gone. i just find it irratating when somone asks for a cpu and everyone says E2180 and oc to 3.0 like man sorry for rant in this particular topic but i needed to get it off my chest :(

I understand that. I was hesitant to OC my E8400 because I felt I wouldn't see the difference coming from a P4 @ 2.0GHz. Anything would've looked fast to me. I did it anyway though.

MosIncredible

4.0GHz over 3.0GHz is easily noticed in task that take a while (converting or compressing files). I meant I probably could've left it at 3.0GHz and not taken a risk at all considering anything would've looked fast to me over my P4 2.0GHz

oscaryu1

VIP Member
4.0GHz over 3.0GHz is easily noticed in task that take a while (converting or compressing files). I meant I probably could've left it at 3.0GHz and not taken a risk at all considering anything would've looked fast to me over my P4 2.0GHz

The more you overclock, the less your processor life. Although it should be fine unless you OC'd that on a stock cooler :rolleyes: