Google Chrome Black Screen

irishluck

I just added another 16gb of memory to my computer (32gb total)
While disconnected I took my desktop out and cleaned it out with the air compressor.

Go back in, hook everything up and turn my PC on.
Everything come on properly, watching a movie and all except my google chrome wont work.
I open it and it just pulls up a black screen.

I tried to go uninstall it and when I do, it opens up some other google chrome tab on the task bar and then google chrome opens and I can use it, but only while its in the middle of trying to uninstall(which I cant uninstall it either)

SO what is going on here?

Nothing changed.

Running windows 10 here.
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

irishluck

Well i was finally able to get it uninstalled and reinstalled and same thing.

Still showing black screen. Im about to take a damn sledge hammer to this sob

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have system restore turned on? Is there a recent date available to revert back to test? It's possible the new ram has an issue. Might want to run memtest as well.

irishluck

Unfortunately I don't think I do. Ill check.

But I need to ask, what is "use hardware acceleration when available" in google chrome?
Found something online saying if I disable this and relaunch then it should work. Well it didn't.
But I kept it disable and now my google chrome is working.

The RAM I bought was corsair vengeance LPX ddr4 2x8gb 2666mhz. Its the exact same stuff that Ive had in my system for a year, just added another 16gb

Darren

Staff member
You said you added RAM. Run MemTest yet? Not necessarily my prime suspect but since you did just add it would be worth checking.