Got something weird here.........

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, one more thing we can try. Redownload the file but this time when you save it, rename it to combo-fix instead of combofix and see if it will run. If it doesn't you have some other issue. Do other programs work normally?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok.

Click start, click run, type "msconfig" in the run box without the quotes, and click ok. When the system configuration utility pops up, click on the startup tab and click on the disable all box removing checks from everything. Click apply, click ok and then reboot the system. Then try rerunning combofix.

If this fails, would you agree to download a program so that I can access your system and give you remote support?

go big blue

ok, ill try that. sure, i dont think you can mess up my system more than it already is! lol. i mean, everything works ok, im just scared of getting online and using my passwords. ill try that real quick and see what happens.

go big blue

well, i think i have much bigger problems. i downloaded the program, went to run it, then it did nothing too. maybe i just need to reinstall windows

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you may be forced to reinstall windows, backup any important data before hand though.

go big blue

yea, that sucks, but i guess i have to do what i have to do. listen, i want to really thank you for trying to help me. i know you dont have to do stuff like this, and even though i kinda know what im doing, its nice to know that there are people like you out there that are willing to go that extra step. once again, i really do appreciate what you did!

mike