GPU Prices Skyrocketed...

Darren

Staff member
Me
xrpao9tymxh01.png

Renzore101

Ended up getting about 500$ for both of the 970s on ebay so i'm happy. I was reading about Etherium mining but it seemed like the consensus was that a single card 1080 isn't profitable.

Calin

I was reading about Etherium mining but it seemed like the consensus was that a single card 1080 isn't profitable.
Try to mine with Nicehash. Currently, a 1080 makes around 0.0002 BTC per day which is currently around 2$ per day. (Source: myself) Should be profitable unless you have a super high power bill.

Darren

Staff member
Pretty sure I saw that mining Bitcoin is like one of the worst currencies to mine with GPU's nowadays as ASIC's are much more efficient at it and other currencies are more profitable.

Calin

Pretty sure I saw that mining Bitcoin is like one of the worst currencies to mine with GPU's nowadays as ASIC's are much more efficient at it and other currencies are more profitable.
Nicehash basically mines altcoins and then you get paid in Bitcoin.

mtb211

I just came on to this site to get a recommendation on a new GPU to buy. Saw Nvidia advertising GTX 1080i for 549... I guess I will hold off?

I currently have a 960 ti

Darren

Staff member
Yeah I feel like that's a typo or not something that's in stock because that's stupid cheap.