Graphic Card needed

ninjabubbles3

I would recommend a good budget case by NZXT or corsair. Either a 300r from corsair, or a source 210 elite from NZXT, but look around and see what you like

sudcell

Playing S.E 3 in windowed mode works :)
Played for around an hour or so with max resolution 1980 x something :D
cpu temp. Was max at 68°C
graphics were cool at around 60°C
but cpu load was 50%

so i think maybe its the thermal paste that needs to be changed
but surely therez some kinda problem with the game itself :-/

sudcell

Also, received the DVI TO DVI CABLE TODAY..
24+1 PINS..
ATTACHED THE GRAPHICS CARD AND MONITOR USING THAT CABLE..
DIDN'T DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT AND I WAS GOOD TO GO..

ALSO, NO NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE IN GRAPHICS QUALITY WAS SEEN

Geoff

VIP Member
Also, received the DVI TO DVI CABLE TODAY..
24+1 PINS..
ATTACHED THE GRAPHICS CARD AND MONITOR USING THAT CABLE..
DIDN'T DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT AND I WAS GOOD TO GO..

ALSO, NO NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE IN GRAPHICS QUALITY WAS SEEN
I haven't read this whole thread, but you aren't going to see a difference upgrading the graphics card unless you change your game settings to use higher quality graphics.

Darren

Staff member
I haven't read this whole thread, but you aren't going to see a difference upgrading the graphics card unless you change your game settings to use higher quality graphics.

We're long past the actual original purpose of the thread. He never made a new one so we've just been addressing his other problems. He replaced his video card but now the CPU temps are pretty high and need to knocked down. New case wouldn't be an awful idea but a new CPU cooler is probably all that's needed. Or even some good thermal paste would probably be enough.

Sud, just buy some Arctic Silver 5. Clean off the CPU and cooler with 91 percent rubbing alcohol and coffee filters (or something similar that won't leave lint), put a little dot in the middle of the CPU, and reapply the cooler.

This is about all you need. Too much can spill onto the motherboard and cause problems. Also almost all of the heat will be coming from the middle of the processor and the paste will spread out anyway.

dollop.jpg

sudcell

They are on ultra already :)

But am experiencing weird issues while playing sniper elite 3
cpu overheats when not in windowed mode. :(

sudcell

We're long past the actual original purpose of the thread. He never made a new one so we've just been addressing his other problems. He replaced his video card but now the CPU temps are pretty high and need to knocked down. New case wouldn't be an awful idea but a new CPU cooler is probably all that's needed. Or even some good thermal paste would probably be enough.

Sud, just buy some Arctic Silver 5. Clean off the CPU and cooler with 91 percent rubbing alcohol and coffee filters (or something similar that won't leave lint), put a little dot in the middle of the CPU, and reapply the cooler.

This is about all you need. Too much can spill onto the motherboard and cause problems. Also almost all of the heat will be coming from the middle of the processor and the paste will spread out anyway.

dollop.jpg

Point noted down..
will order the thermal paste asap..
Thanks for all the help :)