Graphic Card needed

sudcell

Installed the windows after removing the 4gb stick
everything was working great until i installed the 4gb stick back with the 2gb stick and bam..!
windows is not starting up now.
same problem occurs when only the 4gb stick is there (without the 2gb stick)

Its working only when the 2gb stick is put to use (alone)

am sad now!
i know the 4gb stick is not damaged coz while i was on 3w bit version it used to show 6gb ram :(
and now its not even working on single 4gb stick
all i have is a 2gb stick now :'(

Darren

Staff member
Try cleaning the ram with a dry cloth, and also it may have gone bad.shile you were swapping stuff

That wouldn't accomplish anything.

Try resetting your BIOS settings to default.

What exact brands and model of RAM do you have? See if you can find some other RAM to test.

Also, try as many different combinations of placement and RAM to see if you get any luck. Make sure each time that each stick is full seated correctly and the plastic pins on the end clip in to place in to the little grooves.

sudcell

That wouldn't accomplish anything.

Try resetting your BIOS settings to default.

What exact brands and model of RAM do you have? See if you can find some other RAM to test.

Also, try as many different combinations of placement and RAM to see if you get any luck. Make sure each time that each stick is full seated correctly and the plastic pins on the end clip in to place in to the little grooves.

The ram is properly placed.
i tried all the possible ways to install the ram..
bios is showing both the Ram's
it is showing port 1 has 2gb ram and port 2 has 4gb

but whenever that 4gb ram is inserted Windows error recovery opens up giving 2 options:
windows recovery
start windows normally

when i choose the former one, pc hangs
latter one restarts the pc

goranpaa

I think that your 64 bit Windows cd are damaged in some way. At least it sounds to me that it is.

Download a 30 day trial and see if you can do an upgrade from the 32 bit? If that works? Then definite your copy are bad.

If you have an 8 gig USB pen or memory stick drive? You can make it bootable by using this little program:

http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US

Last edited:

sudcell

I think that your 64 bit Windows cd are damaged in some way. At least it sounds to me that it is.

Download a 30 day trial and see if you can do an upgrade from the 32 bit? If that works? Then definite your copy are bad.

I think I found the problem
i purchased a 1600mhz ddr3 4gb whereas my mobo supports upto a max of 1333mhz :-/

But again, why is the ram working fine with 32 bit?
i mean its showing 6gb ram and ram usage also falls as soon as i insert the 2gb stick with 4gb already there!

goranpaa

You mean that it's working fine under 32 bit with the full 6 Gb of RAM in the motherboard?

That's pretty likely have to do with the fact that Windows 32 bit only will use about max 3 gb of RAM. The only thing that normally will happend if you are using RAM sticks with different speeds? Is that the faster one will run at the same speed as the slower stick. That is if not the bios are very sensitive ?

Last edited:

sudcell

You mean that it's working fine under 32 bit with the full 6 Gb of RAM in the motherboard?

That's pretty likely have to do with the fact that Windows 32 bit only will use about max 3 gb of RAM. The only thing that will happend if you are using RAM sticks with different speeds. Is that the faster one will run at the sme speed as the slower stick. That is if not the bios are very picky ?

Yep! 6gb is working like a charm on 32bit but isn't even allowing windows to load when on 64 bit

goranpaa

The cpu temp is as said before too high to be safe in the long run, The GPU temp are decent though. I think these high temperatures have to do with less good airflow in the case despite that you have swapped the exhaust fan. Or you have a high room temperture and less good air circulation and cooling abillity in your room?

sudcell

The cpu temp is as said before too high to be safe in the long run, The GPU temp are decent though. I think these high temperatures have to do with less good airflow in the case despite that you have swapped the exhaust fan. Or you have a high room temperture and less good air circulation and cooling abillity in your room?

Look, i just started up my pc
right now gpu: 32-33 C
processor temp: 34C

goranpaa

Ok. Let's hear what you have after gaming for 1 hour?

I will be back here checking this out in the early eve. That is in about 4 hours.

Last edited: