Graphic Card performance Problems...

G80FTW

No a guy I know that works at a computer shop put the computer together. I was double check his work when I realized he forgot to add 2 screws into the place that hold it position. so I put them in

As long as you screwed it in it should be fine. Aside from that, I guess all I can think of is run MSI Afterburner while gaming and make sure your GPU isnt overheating or throttling down. If its throttling down, may be a power/heat issue

Eric4753

I have a 750watt power supply ,but i can live with 30 fraps,but i don't get it at all. The game recommends 1 gb of video memory I have 3gb why can't it run at 60?

Thanks for the help guys

G80FTW

I have a 750watt power supply ,but i can live with 30 fraps,but i don't get it at all. The game recommends 1 gb of video memory I have 3gb why can't it run at 60?

Thanks for the help guys

You probably wont be able to run Crysis 3 even on your setup max with AA at 1080p @ 60fps. That, you would need SLi or a 690 for. VRAM isnt the whole story, you have plenty of that to run it at 1080p its that you dont have enough gpu power to run a consistent 60fps.

Also you have a 600watt psu listed in your sig. Is this a different PC?

Eric4753

No its a typo :(. Hmmm I can another 7970 ,but i wanted to get some ssd. Now is Crysis just a unique game or will all games in the next year be to fast for this?

Perkomate

No its a typo :(. Hmmm I can another 7970 ,but i wanted to get some ssd. Now is Crysis just a unique game or will all games in the next year be to fast for this?

I'd say unique. Don't bother dropping money on a card. The game is plenty pretty enough with not much AA.

For the record I play at a smooth-ish 30fps and don't notice the lag.

G80FTW

I'd say unique. Don't bother dropping money on a card. The game is plenty pretty enough with not much AA.

For the record I play at a smooth-ish 30fps and don't notice the lag.

Im willing to bet games towards the end of the year will be tougher than Crysis. We are already seeing it. I never expected Tomb Raider to be as hard as it was on my PC. And you can bet, with the new consoles coming out this year, we will see games using alot more DX11 features like Crysis and Tomb Raider, and the 680 and 7970 wont be enough. Hence the new gen of cards hopefully coming soon....

swchoi89

If you're still having problems... see if this solves it:

With mine (GTX 670 FTW edition), I would randomly lag like crazy (at about 20FPS in games like Diablo 3) but I should have been gettting 60 fps constantly. So, two things played a game here:

1) Heat - I was monitoring my temperature on my GPU and seems like it was set so that if it passes a certain degree, it starts to power down, to prevent over-heating or something
2) In nVidia settings, there was something that held my card back voluntarily (and automatically) if the GPU usage went high. See if the AMD control panel has this.

Just like you, this happened to be suddenly; I had played Diablo 3, and other games just fine, and suddenly dropped in FPS.

So I turned off the stupid stuff in the settings, and my card now utilizes its full power.

Eric4753

Well I guess this was a bad time then to buy a pc.... ,but Where would i look then in amd control center? I can't find anything...

salvage-this

Don't look at it that way. I would take your PC over no PC...

Before you go changing everything in CCC download MSI Afterburner and see what the clocks are set at when playing games. The performance monitor will tell what levels your GPU were running at.

Eric4753

The gpu usage was at 99% while playing the second mission of CRYSIS 3 according to msi Afterburner... if need more info i can provide it..

G80FTW

The gpu usage was at 99% while playing the second mission of CRYSIS 3 according to msi Afterburner... if need more info i can provide it..

Go into the afterburner settings and tell it to display gpu clock speed and temperature. Then post what it displays when you game. The usage means nothing.

G80FTW

Can't find that... can you give me a little guidance?

Toward the bottom of the afterburner display there is a button that says settings. Under that go to the monitoring tab. And you will see a list of check marks. Check GPU temperature and core clock. And maybe even power as well. I havent used the power one so Im not sure what exactly it will display, if it will display exactly how much power it is drawing or just a percentage of its maximum power.

swchoi89

Well I guess this was a bad time then to buy a pc.... ,but Where would i look then in amd control center? I can't find anything...

I had hoped someone who's an expert in AMD products could guide you on this. I only know where to go with the nVidia control panel. But what I explained made sense right? I'm just throwing out the possibility here :)

And yes, do tell us the temperature once you find out

Eric4753

Well when I run Crysis 3 the temp starts at 39C then stops rising at 59C-60C. GPU Voltage was 1.175 average and Core clock was 950 mhz.

salvage-this

Benchmark some other games. See if your card is under performing for just Crysis 3 or everything. If there has been any driver releases take a look at the change log to see if any optimizations have been made for Crysis 3

Eric4753

Is there any specific benchmark that you want me to run? also I raised the fraps to 40 -50 ,but I don't know what i did lol

salvage-this

Tough games. BF3 comes to mind. Look over games that are benchmarked in the release review of the 7970. See how you compare.