Graphics card and power supply upgrade ?

baz178

Hi I have £150 to spend on a new powere supply and graphics card the ones I have now is a Nivida gt 9800 and a 300 W power supply I just need something that is better than them and I will no I difference cheers

baz178

Well it's my brothers he plays games like age age of ampires FIFA 12 gta games like that so it wants to be better than a gt 9800 Nivida

baz178

right i will buy that card which psu would fit that case and handle that card could you give us a link pref from the same shop plz cheers

wolfeking

banned
cant do that. It is not possible to replace the PSU without making modifications to the case. All OEM machines are like that. And it is done to bring you back to them for replacements.

The modifications would be drilling the ATX mount holes. If you have a drill and a steel bit (can get at lowes really cheap), it can be mounted in about 10 minutes.

baz178

Right I will have to do that is just taking the old one out and drilling and putting the new one in ? So are they easy to do for a person with little exp ?

wolfeking

banned
What do you mean by clips? The PSU is tapped for the ATX screws already. Drilling them out is just a simple measure, measure again, and drill the hole. Anyone can do it if they have a power drill around.

baz178

right i will order them both just 1 last question how much better is that graphics card comparded to the geforce gt 8900 will i know a diffrence cheers dan

baz178

well i have bought the items now cheers pal when they come next week just need to fix it all toghter cheers pal

jonnyp11

good luck,

and also with the 6770 you'll get your dx11 and some other newer softwares, and also not all oem cases don't use normal psu's, the emachine i'm on now from like 07 had a bad psu so i popped a cheapy one in there and it worked fine, no case mods or anything.