Graphics card and power supply upgrade ?

baz178

i had a look on the back off the tower and there is some holes spread out so i think it might fit without drilling hope it does anyway

wolfeking

banned
it will play them, but on medium at best. For top settings you need a 6970 or GTX570. both of which are outside your budget.

baz178

but i will know the diffrence between my new one and a geforce 9800 beause i thought that was a gd card hahaha

jonnyp11

yeah you'll notice a big difference, and it depends on the res your playing on for the settings, if you're plying on like 720p you'll get some pretty high settings, but on 1080p you won't be getting very much out of it.

jonnyp11

it all depends, this gfx card should prob do fine at 1680x1050 with pretty good settings or maxing depending on the specific game, then it also matters what the monitor is as not all monitors will go that high, i think that setting is 720p, so it should be more thaqn fine for anything under 1080p, or 1920x1080

baz178

just recived the graphics card lads looks a nice bit of kit would the 300w psu run it hahaha my brother wants to no

wolfeking

banned
not likely at all. The 300 watts is way under the recommended, and HP has a bad habbit of way overrating their PSUs. You are likely only pulling a max of around 150-200 Watts. Sure the card will plug to it, but your likely going to need a new motherboard, GPU, maybe RAM, and several; components when it pops.

jonnyp11

no, it might be able to recognize it and play vid through it, but that's not gunna be the card itself, i don't think the 300 crappy watts (from the most likely horrable brand) could even power the fan enough, let alone the gpu

wolfeking

banned
step 1: uninstall the Drivers from your current GPU, and install the Raedon drivers. then Shut down the computer.
step 2: Install card and wait for your PSU to arrive. Then it will be a simple PSU install.