GTA IV Thread

g4m3rof1337

I'm not sure what the UK release is, but GTA IV for the PC on Steam comes out December 2, which is tomorrow. I prepurchased it on Steam so hopefully I'll get it ASAP.

I may also want to recommend Steam for retrieving the game, because of this.
http://kotaku.com/5099919/gta-iv-on-pc-to-use-securom

I'm not entirely sure, but some of the comments mentioned getting the game through Steam would be best.

I will post pictures of in game screens when it's released.

teamhex

Id consider buying it, I had it on Ps3 and sold it and my system. I never beat it, how much is it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
it comes out Wednesday 3rd december for Uk but game emailed me today saying theyre dispatching it now erady for tommorow so i get it a day early!

cant wait to play ive been waiting for what seems forever.

Dystopia

I WANT THIS GAME! Looks awesome. I saw in a PCG review that your "cousin" sometimes texts you for stirp clubs :p something I personaly would not mind ...

bm23

is there any1 who play this game on a rig that has only 2gb of ram? is it unplayable? just want to know coz gta 4 would be the only thing on my com that actually uses more than 2gb of ram. dont want to upgrade ram if my com can cope with only 2gb.

mac550

is there any1 who play this game on a rig that has only 2gb of ram? is it unplayable? just want to know coz gta 4 would be the only thing on my com that actually uses more than 2gb of ram. dont want to upgrade ram if my com can cope with only 2gb.

it does work with 2Gb RAM, but even with 4Gb install in my rig, it is using around 90% of it. I would recommend having 4Gb.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah i reccomend you throw in as much ram as you can,GTA uses alot of memory because the maps are HUGE.

it plays fine with 4gb of ram though.

Stildawn

I duel boot between Vista and Xp? What would you reckonmend me installing GTA4 on?

Vista I have 4gb ram - But its Vista lol.
Xp I only have 3.5gb or whatever 32bit xp allows - But it benches better than my Vista install.

mac550

yeah i reccomend you throw in as much ram as you can,GTA uses alot of memory because the maps are HUGE.

it plays fine with 4gb of ram though.

after you spend like 6 hours trying to get into the game in the first place

I duel boot between Vista and Xp? What would you reckonmend me installing GTA4 on?

Vista I have 4gb ram - But its Vista lol.
Xp I only have 3.5gb or whatever 32bit xp allows - But it benches better than my Vista install.

doesn't matter, it will run fine on both but you may as well put it on vista so the game can use the extra 500-odd Mb of ram

Kornowski

VIP Member
I found this on another Forum;

For you SLI people, turn off SLI and make your second card physX, it helps boost performance until SLI is fixed, it at least went playable for me (around 60 fps I think)

Stildawn

I just did the can you run it website thing for GTA4 and I failed reckomended??? Is it really utilizing more than 2 cores? Or will I be fine, I was hoping to run it on max?