GTA IV Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
No I canceled my pre-order and every complaint I read about makes me ever so happy I did. People with better specs then you can't even play atm.

Its a poorly coded Dual Core game....Quad-core users seem to get decent FPS. Also nomemrestrict with 4gb+ ram will increase performance too.

i reccomend getting it,it plays fantastic on my rig.

Twist86

i reccomend getting it,it plays fantastic on my rig.

I am gonna wait till they fixed the major bugs...then get it off ebay cheaper.

I only support games that come out and being playable without a ton of bull programs etc you gotta install.

I don't wanna sign up to ANY of the "anti pirate" accounts they want me too so I will buy it in 4-5 months....then bypass that stuff.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am gonna wait till they fixed the major bugs...then get it off ebay cheaper.

I only support games that come out and being playable without a ton of bull programs etc you gotta install.

I don't wanna sign up to ANY of the "anti pirate" accounts they want me too so I will buy it in 4-5 months....then bypass that stuff.

il be honest with you i expected it to be REALY buggy when i first got it but its great no probs at all.

but yeah cant wait for a patch to hopefully tidy up whatever bugs have been found but i have not experienced any yet.

the anti piracy stuff isnt that bad,its there for a reason obviusly,the only problem ive had with it is is i try to laumch teh game drom the desktop it will ask me to put in the GTA disk....and its already in there lol but if you eject the disk and put it back in it launches fine.

DirtyD86

banned
just dropping by for a sec :D

the game itself is spectacular. the only reason it has been catching a lot of flak on the internet is because of the performance issues people with slower systems have been experiencing, and the extra software needed to play it. having to install punkbuster to play a game is annoying enough. having to install both windows live, and rockstar social club, is ridiculous. integrate the software into the game itself, don't make me be FORCED to use software i am not interested in just to play your product.

N3crosis

the game itself is spectacular. the only reason it has been catching a lot of flak on the internet is because of the performance issues people with slower systems have been experiencing, and the extra software needed to play it. having to install punkbuster to play a game is annoying enough. having to install both windows live, and rockstar social club, is ridiculous. integrate the software into the game itself, don't make me be FORCED to use software i am not interested in just to play your product.

You have to install all that JUST to play the game....poorly?

bm23

maybe this is just me but i dont get the "feel" from GTA 4. i mean with previous games, especially vice city, there were certain feel to each game. with gta 4, it kinda seem like just another action game.

and yeah, the extra programs such as RSC or WL isnt that annoying. once you installed them, they dont really bother you.

D_Qa

maybe this is just me but i dont get the "feel" from GTA 4. i mean with previous games, especially vice city, there were certain feel to each game. with gta 4, it kinda seem like just another action game

I totally agree with you, GTA: Vice City was truely an awesome game. I wish there will be some new cheats, I think they keep GTA 6 enjoyable.

bm23

look at what i found: the spaceship in Men in Black in gta 4

Scrn5.png

and the globe which the spaceship crashes through

Scrn4.png

and here's the real life version

2609180578_28da87549a.jpg

Last edited:

Twist86

I agree I refuse to install all that crap to play a game....thus why I will use other method to avoid all that when I buy the game later on.

g4m3rof1337

I agree I refuse to install all that crap to play a game....thus why I will use other method to avoid all that when I buy the game later on.

I had those two things installed before GTA IV was released for the PC, so it's just you. And what's with your signature? I'm a very proud owner of an E8400, and am not experiencing any of these problems.. Have you tried the game for yourself? Or are you just a lemming?

Twist86

I'm a very proud owner of an E8400, and am not experiencing any of these problems..

Several friends have been pouting over it with theirs....also a lot of the GTA forums are cussing it out because of the poor coding for dual core. Glad yours is doing fine.

While I didn't get my quad for gaming....a lot of people feel the need to PM me why I should have got a E8400 instead. So this game brings me joy when I noticed those same people complaining ^-^

I had those two things installed before GTA IV was released for the PC, so it's just you.

Not as many do as you think one of the top complaints is having to sign up to all that crap. I don't appreciate having to have that crap on my PC just to enjoy a video game.

Have you tried the game for yourself? Or are you just a lemming?

Course I played it on my buddies rig...I don't plan to buy it till some patches come out. Though I am playing Lemmings 2 if that helps?

Went a head and changed the sig for you though.

Last edited:

g4m3rof1337

Punkbuster is common nowadays, and Windows Live is an email, the only thing that was installed was the Social Club. And I still don't understand your signature. The game is running equal if not better, on my PC, than on the 360, performance and graphics wise.

lovely?

with a soundblaster audigy SE temporarily installed, and new drivers that work WAY better with the game, my performance with high/medium settings looks about as good as the xbox 360, even though it is a little laggy.