GTX 560 + GTX 560 = Better?

magn3z

I've got Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB and I was planning to get another better graphics card with at least 2 GB but why should i? I heard that you can use two graphics card at once sooo ... Can I just buy another GTX 560 and just kinda ... "plug" it in? :D :rolleyes:

Aastii

VIP Member
I've got Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB and I was planning to get another better graphics card with at least 2 GB but why should i? I heard that you can use two graphics card at once sooo ... Can I just buy another GTX 560 and just kinda ... "plug" it in? :D :rolleyes:

It depends, what motherboard and what power supply do you have?

magn3z

Power supply: Coolermaster Silent Pro 850W Modular PSU
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 R3 Socket 1155 USB 3.0 Bluetooth 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

JLuchinski

No, your board only supports Crossfire which is ATI, you need a board that supports SLI. And if you use a 2 gb card with a 1 gb the 2 gb card will only use 1 gb, same goes with clock speeds if that makes sense.

jonnyp11

well there is software sli, but the second slot is a x4, so it may not get the best performance, but that also depends on another factor i don't know of on this board.

salvage-this

So, if I want a better graphic card (2gb) I need a new motherboard?

If you want to SLI then you need an SLI compatible motherboard. If you just want a 2gb card then just buy a single 2gb 560. You can run any single card that you want in your system. JLuchinski was correct in his last post.

No, your board only supports Crossfire which is ATI, you need a board that supports SLI. And if you use a 2 gb card with a 1 gb the 2 gb card will only use 1 gb, same goes with clock speeds if that makes sense.