which do you think is better?

• Halo 3

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Crysis

Votes: 54 69.2%

• Total voters

Archangel

VIP Member
Also, FarCry is about an ex-marine boat skipper who is hunted by mercenaries and must battle mutant monkeys on a tropical island owned by a sadistic German scientist. Crysis, on the other hand, is about a Delta Force operative investigating an alien mothership that has been found on a tropical island currently in the control of North Korean forces.

About from the jungle bit, they are worlds apart in terms of premise and story.

right.. and halo 3 is the same story as halo 1 and 2 repeated, thats why crysis is better by miles? sorry, but I cant see the logic in your arguments.

I find it really funny to see people saying halo 3 is crap, because its actually a big release (wich is quite rare for a game). I gues it has to do with 'voting for the underdog' or so, I have no idea. but I find it funny

12-Gauge

right.. and halo 3 is the same story as halo 1 and 2 repeated

Well actually...yeah. Halo 3 is a direct sequel in a trilogy that has a single story runnig through all three. FarCry and Crysis are not direct sequels but rather spiritual successors and have completely different stories.

kobaj

VIP Member
Crysis all the way.
Any how I thought this was a computerforum not a Halo3 geekgasm site.

Whats that supposed to mean. I dont see any other halo3 threads in the other sub-sections. Perhaps if it was being spammed everywhere. There are probably just as many crysis threads as there are halo3 ones.

Cheese

banned
right.. and halo 3 is the same story as halo 1 and 2 repeated, thats why crysis is better by miles? sorry, but I cant see the logic in your arguments.

I find it really funny to see people saying halo 3 is crap, because its actually a big release (wich is quite rare for a game). I gues it has to do with 'voting for the underdog' or so, I have no idea. but I find it funny

logic is that Crysis and farcry are totally different. farcry and farcry 2 will be some what the same. except gameplay, setting, maybe character, helth system, AI, graphics and story. they are different. :D

hermeslyre

VIP Member
logic is that Crysis and farcry are totally different. farcry and farcry 2 will be some what the same. except gameplay, setting, maybe character, helth system, AI, graphics and story. they are different. :D

You do do know that the extant of which Crysis is different from Farcry.. Is to the same extant of which you just described Farcy 2 to farcry 1. lol. I do agree with Archie in that they are very similar despite their differences. But at the same time I don't see anything different going on in the current gaming industry, Halo included. The game designers make what sells, and they are doing that. Consumers have yet to put their foot down and utilize their profound ability to dictate what they want, with their wallets

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Oh yes, I posted the video to that, I remember. It has a tremendous amount of potential, I really can't wait to see what it becomes.

Archangel

VIP Member
You do do know that the extant of which Crysis is different from Farcry.. Is to the same extant of which you just described Farcy 2 to farcry 1. lol. I do agree with Archie in that they are very similar despite their differences. But at the same time I don't see anything different going on in the current gaming industry, Halo included. The game designers make what sells, and they are doing that. Consumers have yet to put their foot down and utilize their profound ability to dictate what they want, with their wallets

Amen to that :)

Archangel

VIP Member
Ok... someone just HAD to bring it up after quite some people played he demo... so might aswell be me ^^ who changed his/her oppinion on this matter? :p

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Yep, the demo's like a prettier farcry, albeit in a bigger "roam-area", and with more things to do. The suit powers are cool, but they still don't manage to set Crysis in a different ballpark than farcry.. It was still cool though, I had a bit of fun playing around in the sandbox 2 level editor.

I probably won't get it. I can play it on medium, but just barely, plus my tastes are starting to lean more into the RPG area, then FPS, where they used to lie.. And that not to mention the fact that video games are expensive! Ouch.

4NGU$

VIP Member
looking at the screens from the demo and hearing what you people have to say its halo 3 for me

treddstone

Considering that Crysis isn't out...I'm rather confused as to how people are formulating their decisions (demos aren't, imo, enough to really size up a game).

Saying that, H3 is legit. Crysis looks legit. We'll see which is better soon enough.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
The demo is the entire first level, and unlike a beta, it's an example of a retail, or very close to retail build. I'm going to be bold here, but I really don't think Crysis is going to pull a flip, and change it's shoes half way through.

I got a feel for it, and I think it's a great game, but not one I really want.

Kornowski

VIP Member
looking at the screens from the demo and hearing what you people have to say its halo 3 for me

Chris, you HAVE to come round and play it, you'll change your mind.

Halo 3, Pffft, just like Halo and Halo 2, except, Oh, more weapons and "prettier" graphics (still pretty bad to be honest)!

I can't stand Halo, the whole thing annoys me, people are addicted to tat!

... Just my opinion.

lovely?

man nobody is really giving halo3 much of a chance here are they? having played both, i actually fell in love with halo 3 lol its just a blast to play with 2 or 3 other guys on a bigscreen, just plain fun FTW

treddstone

Thats because this is computer forum. Not xbox360 forum. If we were on a microsoft or xbox forum, then I would guess the responses would be quite different.