Antec PlusView 1000AMG
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=90510
Asus A8N-SLI
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=0&model=382&modelmenu=1
AMD Athlon64, 3500+, Venice
NEC ND-3540, DVD±RW
http://www.sw.nec.co.jp/products/optical/en/ND-3540A/index.html
MSI NX7800GTX-VT2D256E
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=NX7800GTX-VT2D256E&class=vga
Maxtor DM10 160GB, 7200RPM, 8MB Cache, SATA
Kingston PC3200 DDR400, 2x512 MB
Logitech UltraX Keyboard, DK
Q-Tec 400W, Dual Fan, Low Noise
http://www.qtec.info/products/product.htm?artnr=13352&specs=1
3x 80mm fans for the case

~Simon

xXAaronXx

I wouldn't go with that case, I think it looks really bad, that is just my opinion though. I was looking around www.newegg.com last night at cases and they have some nice ones for low prices.

apj101

VIP Member
you haven't listed the prices or where you are getting the goods
Cant find detailed spec on the psu, but you should look into it more carefully. read psu101 for better suggestions
http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=10764

specs look ok, but without further links its hard to see if your getting ripped of. I imagine you should be able to reorder your budget to fit in a 3700, or 3800. But more data needed

Fury

The pricing would be too high!

Hi everybody

I would just like to answer the two questions that I saw:

1. I'm not listing any prices, because I come from Denmark and the prices are completely different here. For example the new 7800 GTX. In US, that's about 500$, in Denmark it's minimum 700$. So, the prices would be way too high if I had to write the danish. But I know a lot about parts, and have researched for long, and know that I'm not getting ripped off.

2. The PSU is a very old one, from my old machine, so I don't know where to get any more detailed information on it. It has always performed extremely well. I just want to know if you think that a 400W can pull a setup like this.

~Simon

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Fury said:
I'm not listing any prices, because I come from Denmark and the prices are completely different here. For example the new 7800 GTX. In US, that's about 500$, in Denmark it's minimum 700$.

Have you considered buying from the US? You can do that and even with shipping, you would save loads. Just a thought.

JAN :D

dyserq

If you have a pretty big budget, you can try the Alienware Aurora, it is heaps good actually, heard excellent reviews and superb at multi tasking, the only downside is the price, like all things, it is abit harsh to be honest

Fury

INternational Shipping, yes... have tried!

Hi...

Just an answer to a question:

Yes I have tried buying from the US. Searched for a month now, and the only two options I really considered was ComputersETC and Monarch Computer Systems. But Monarch has recently discontinued international shipping, and ComputersETC does not have the parts I'm looking for. Anyway, if you know a good US company with low prices, who ships international I will be all listening, but believe me... I have tried finding it!

And, does anybody know if 400W is enough power for this setup?

~Simon

Geoff

VIP Member
id go with at least a 450, since some video cards require 450 i think.

And i would go with a different case

flame1117

banned
I'll just pretend I know what im talking about and tell you what everone else says.

Its not just the watts, It the rails in the power supply too, Try taking a look in the pinning topic under the PSU section to give you a better idea.

I would try finding a model number somewhere, and then shearching them modeal number in the web somewhere, you can prabally find more info about it.

Vampiric Rouge

i would have to say they same thing about a bigger PSU get atleast a 450 for that set up, also if you plan to do ANY overclocking with it then get bigger then 450.

Fury

550 Watt it is!

Hi everybody...

Thank you for all your advice... i have decided to buy a Q-Tec 550W Dual Fan Gold PSU. It's very cheap, and has good reviews. So, it should do...

Keep the advice and suggestions coming... =D

~Simon

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
xXAaronXx said:
I wouldn't go with that case, I think it looks really bad, that is just my opinion though. I was looking around www.newegg.com last night at cases and they have some nice ones for low prices.
you cant tell him not to get that case, as its a personal preference.
personally, i love that case.

jancz3rt said:
Have you considered buying from the US? You can do that and even with shipping, you would save loads. Just a thought.

JAN :D
there arent many (if any) respectable companies that offer international shipping :(

Fury

Missing?

So, what say you?
Is anything missing in my setup?
By the way, I heard something about PCI-Express having special power cables. Something I need to buy seperately? Or will it be with my mobo/gfx-card when I buy it retail?

~Simon

dar2lit

To All;

I am a new member and wanted to get some information or suggestion about this computer that I want to buy. Would like to know what you all think?

01) Thermaltake Kandalf Tower, Black
02) ENERMAX All in One Noisetaker Series SLI 600 watt power supply
03) Two red case fans and RED cold-cathode red interior light stick
04) Professional wiring with "ANTEC" Rounded IDE and Floppy cables
05) ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard
06) AMD-64 FX-57 CPU
07) AMD Heatsink and FAN - Original AMD (not "generic certified")
08) 2.0 GB DDR400, two - 1.0gb sticks, Corsair XMS PRO, LED lights
09) Two HITACHI SATA-2 - 250GB SATA II Hard Drives, RAID.1 Mirroring
10) On-Board NVIDIA SATA RAID Controller
11) SONY 16x16 Dual Layer DVDRW Drive
12) SONY 16x DVD ROM Drive
13) 1.44 floppy Drive
14) Internal 12 in 1 Digital Card Reader + Writer
15) Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Audio
16) Two Geforce 7800 GTX SLI Video Cards - "LEADTEK "(Major Award Winner) not "Generic"
17) Creative LABS 56K Modem
18) 20.1" LCD, Viewsonic VP201B moitor - Black
19) Microsoft Digital Multimedia Keyboard with "Fingerprint Reader" and Cordless+Internet+Optical Laser mouse.
20) Microsoft Wired Optical mouse - backup
21) Windows XP Pro w/SP2