!!HELP!! blue screen problem, cant fix it!

hi i dont know if this is the right place to post, but since i cant find the problem i guess it can go anywhere in the forums.

i have recently bought a new pc:

AMD athlon barton 3200
Gigabyte pro2nforce2 (rev.02)
-NOTE- 1GB corsair xms4000 RAM - (explained later)
Maxtor 120GB hard drive SATA
Nvidia GeForce 5700 ultra 128mb DDR3 graphics card
cd rw dvd combi MSI
550W PSU
floppy
funky cool lights n fans

ok the pc worked fine, until i played my game "Americas Army" after 5 seconds i would blue screen and get a message saying:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (sumfin like that)

i completely wiped the hard drive and started over to make sure it wasnt a software problem. i tested the game on 3 other pcs, works fine, works fine on 3million other peoples pcs too.
i was told by many people it was a RAM problem, my board is apparently very fussy with RAM, and is 400mhz, the RAM was 500mhz, but should clock itself down to the board. i tested the RAM, fine. all i could think was that maybe it only does it in the game because the RAM gets a bit excited then the board sh!ts itself.
so i sent that RAM back and this morning i received my new 1GB(2x512)kingston hyperX pc3200 400mhz.......... same blue screen!!!!

i am currently making sure i have all the latest drivers for everything in my pc, but i am pretty sure i have.

has anyone any ideas what the cause of this problem is and how it can be resolved.

the next thing i might try is a different motherboard, but its easier to post on here than take my computer to bits.

cheers, colin.

saiello

Had a similar problem when I installed a new CPU, the machine booted to the Windows logo screen then without fail blue screened with the same error message as yours. I replaced the old CPU and the problem disappeared...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Had a similar problem when I installed a new CPU
Yeah its supposed to give you a BSOD :p (which is why when you make big hardware changes like that -- be ready to reinstall the OS)