Help Building Computer

toMsons1987

I still don't know what ATi card to buy, I am getting frustrated. I am ordering most of the items tomorrow so this is KILLING me!

2048Megabytes

Okay, I think I found something I want.. How is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102801

Will it work with my setup, and fit? It takes two slots, I just want to know if this is as good as I think it's. Great reviews and everyone says it's the fastest thing to having x2 4870's..

That video card you selected is good. I think the ATI video card I recommended is better value for your dollar. You won't be disappointed with either video card in my opinion.

toMsons1987

That video card you selected is good. I think the ATI video card I recommended is better value for your dollar. You won't be disappointed with either video card in my opinion.
Is what I choose compatible with everything, so I am good to go to buy that with everything else I have?

2048Megabytes

Case: XCLIO Windtunnel Case - $99.98

Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ZEUS SST-ST65ZF 650W - $69.99

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P - $129.99

Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 - $289.99

Processor (CPU): Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 - $188.99

Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) - $59.99

Hard Drive: 250GB Western Digital + External 250GB SeaGate (Free - Already Own)

All the chosen parts in this list are compatible. There is only one thing I would change on this list. Your case is good but it is overpriced. $100 is too much for a case.
Look at this case:

APEVIA X-Plorer ATXB8KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $50

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144102

Also, if you don't have a Windows Operating System installation disk you will need to buy one.

Last edited:

toMsons1987

Should be compatible, I would get this Motherboard instead though. Mainly because it has Crossfire support, so if you ever decide to buy another video card you will be set.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131299

And do you have an OS you can use?
Thanks for the suggestion, but I will stick to one GFX card. Two is a waste to me, maybe in a future build when I move to i7-technology or better, in a year.

But no, I don't have a OS I can use.. That's expensive. I don't want to think about it, cause I'll have to get 64 edition, but I don't want Vista. I want XP-64 Professional.

Case: XCLIO Windtunnel Case - $99.98

Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ZEUS SST-ST65ZF 650W - $69.99

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P - $129.99

Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 - $289.99

Processor (CPU): Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 - $188.99

Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) - $59.99

Hard Drive: 250GB Western Digital + External 250GB SeaGate (Free - Already Own)

All the chosen parts in this list are compatible. There is only one thing I would change on this list. Your case is good but it is overpriced. $100 is too much for a case.
Look at this case:

APEVIA X-Plorer ATXB8KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $50

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144102

Also, if you don't have a Windows Operating System installation disk you will need to buy one.
Two things sir.. Is the one you suggested (case) as good as mine, I picked mine for the GREAT cooling it provides.

And second, I don't have a 64 bit OS. So I am screwed, have to buy a over priced garbage disk. Since I shouldn't use my 32-bit version of XP-Pro.

Last edited:

2048Megabytes

Thanks for the suggestion, but I will stick to one GFX card. Two is a waste to me, maybe in a future build when I move to i7-technology or better, in a year.

But no, I don't have a OS I can use.. That's expensive. I don't want to think about it, cause I'll have to get 64 edition, but I don't want Vista. I want XP-64 Professional.

Two things sir.. Is the one you suggested (case) as good as mine, I picked mine for the GREAT cooling it provides.

And second, I don't have a 64 bit OS. So I am screwed, have to buy a over priced garbage disk. Since I shouldn't use my 32-bit version of XP-Pro.

If you are going to go with the case I suggested I would also buy an 80 millimeter or 120 millimeter case fan with the new case.
The case I suggested should give adequate cooling unless you are planning on overclocking. I know that overclocking causes a system to run less stable (causes more crashes) so I don't bother with it.

Windows 64-bit XP Professional is not a good operating system. There is a lack of software drivers and patches for it. I would not pick it as operating system. If you want to avoid Windows Vista your only other option if you want to game is Windows XP 32-bit. You will only be able to utilize about 3.25 gigabytes of RAM as that is the barrier Microsoft placed with XP. But that is plenty of memory with Windows XP.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 - $90
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116511