help! cheating pregnant ex-girlfriend

anchoryanker

need some advice. i suspect my ex was with another guy before we broke up when she had a miscarriage a few months ago, i have some e-mails from her that i know for a fact came from his home computer before, and some more emails a few days after she lost the baby(I was traveling and couldn't get back in time). the ip trace on the ones after the miscarriage come back to the same city and isp as the emails from when i know she was with him, not the city 30 miles away that she claims she was in. Is there any way on a yahoo email's internet header to see if emails originated on the same computer, like a computer signature or something? i can copy and email the headers to anyone that is willing to help. thanks.

Geoff

VIP Member
First, this should be in the off topic section.

Second, this isnt really the place to ask this, try a relationships forum.

Xycron

banned
geoff5093 said:
First, this should be in the off topic section.

Second, this isnt really the place to ask this, try a relationships forum.
I dont think a relationships forum would help n this case, ebcause he needs help on a comptuer side issue here to trace the e-mails.

I Don't know hwo to help you but I have a question...If she's your "ex" then whats the problem with being with somehow else? How could she "cheat" on you.

anchoryanker

because we supposedly parted on good terms and stay in touch, but now im beginning to suspect she was lying the whole time and the baby may not have been even mine. look, i and my family went through so much pain and agony and now i find out it may have been over nothing. i caught her in a few lies and gave her the chance to tell the truth and she lied some more. I'm 90% sure but just want to confirm my suspicions. I have to know, just for peace of mind and to be able to put this behind me.It's a long story and don't want to really get into it, but i've blamed myself for stuff that happened and if find out that she wasn't really as innocent as i thought and she was also alot to blame i will feel a ALOT better and will be able to forgive myself. I'm not going to do anything, I live along way away and just want to be able to call her and say that i know the truth. I want to close this chapter in my life and move on but i can't until i confirm my suspicions. I can't stand not knowing for sure. look, all i want to know is can i or can't i tell if two different emails came from the same computer and how? please, any advice as to the subject will be appreciated.

pathfindergg

If you are pretty sure the child is not yours, and it's a matter of child support.you will have to get a blood and possible DNA test done to confirm your suspicions.

j4mes_bond25

anchoryanker !!!

anchoryanker said:
need some advice. i suspect my ex was with another guy before we broke up when she had a miscarriage a few months ago, i have some e-mails from her that i know for a fact came from his home computer before, and some more emails a few days after she lost the baby(I was traveling and couldn't get back in time). the ip trace on the ones after the miscarriage come back to the same city and isp as the emails from when i know she was with him, not the city 30 miles away that she claims she was in. Is there any way on a yahoo email's internet header to see if emails originated on the same computer, like a computer signature or something? i can copy and email the headers to anyone that is willing to help. thanks.

Send me EXACTLY the header of Yahoo e-mail when you received the mail & send the DETAILED header (change the setting from Mail Option, if necessary) & I should be able to tell you the approximate location, most likely the city name & perhaps the name of the service provider as well.

Dngrsone

VIP Member
This is definately the wrong place.

Best bet? She's your ex and you aren't getting back together. Therefore, ask her for the truth, upfront. Regardless of what she tells you, you will likely already "know" what you want to believe. But if you think it would help...

s_m_w_d

This happens to be the wierdest place to put this type of post up and is way to personal to be telling complete strangers!

anchoryanker

look, I'm not asking for relationship advice, it was just a simple computer question involving the internet and email, so no, it is not off topic. i am through with her, i just was looking through some old files the other day for something else and accidentally came across some files she sent me that she forgot to take the other guys name off, and seeing that she was acting all suspicious around the time she had the miscarriage and wouldn't let me come back to see her for a few days, im mostly sure. i just wanted to see if i could be 100% sure, so i can sleep a little better at night, and this seemed like a possibly simple easy way to tell. im curious and nosey by nature, and can't stand not knowing something. plus, it seems like a handy thing to know that might come in handy in the future.
thanks all of you who gave helpful responses.

Robin

seems like one aspect of what he wants is computer-related

and for the personal aspect - there is a very supportive forum available at
http://drirene.com/
(dr.irene's verbal abuse forum)
(even if he asks her for the truth, she may never tell the truth, so how will he ever really know - therefore he has to deal with that)

Last edited:

Motoxrdude

Maybe next time, just post what you want to know how to do then if someone asks then you can tell them because a lot of people are taking this the wrong way.

potshot87

You will not learn how do use the header information to track down who the email originated from within a week. You probably never will even have the autorization and access to get to that kind of information.

Best bet is to hire a private detective to follow your girl around, or better yet, call that TV show "Cheaters" so we can all see it.

Xycron

banned
potshot87 said:
You will not learn how do use the header information to track down who the email originated from within a week. You probably never will even have the autorization and access to get to that kind of information.
anyone can get acess...

potshot87

anyone can get acess...

Well, I was thinking along the lines of getting the IP address and then taking that to the internet companies and asking them to release the name, number, and address of the person who was using that IP address at that time. Some law about privacy rights stop them from doing that.

Xycron

banned
potshot87 said:
Well, I was thinking along the lines of getting the IP address and then taking that to the internet companies and asking them to release the name, number, and address of the person who was using that IP address at that time. Some law about privacy rights stop them from doing that.
Weather you ment it or not, that's not what you said.

potshot87

Weather you ment it or not, that's not what you said.

This is the last time I'm gonna respond to this kid. Sorry to bother everyone else.

It's apparent that you're not too comfortable with the English language yet. If you go back and read what I originally said, I admit it that it was ambiguous, but it still does say what I elaborated on in my second reply. So I suggest you learn how to spell "whether" and "meant" properly before you start interrupting grown folks talking, son.

Xycron

banned
potshot87 said:
This is the last time I'm gonna respond to this kid. Sorry to bother everyone else.

It's apparent that you're not too comfortable with the English language yet. If you go back and read what I originally said, I admit it that it was ambiguous, but it still does say what I elaborated on in my second reply. So I suggest you learn how to spell "whether" and "meant" properly before you start interrupting grown folks talking, son.
I'm grown, I'm no son, and English isn't my first language,and how you spell on the Internet is no indication of your intelligence but I understand it enough that no where did you say another about an IP and getting info from an ISP. you said he would never have the authorization and access, and in the sentence before you mentioned e-mail header's and tracking though that, which since you said nothing in between would imply you meant he would never have "authorization" to get "header information"

And If your going to bring proper English into this, not like it matter's, you probably shouldn't be using "gonna" and maybe something along the lines of "going to"?, and maybe you need to learn how to spell authorization? or learn to capitalize Internet, since technically it should be. Once again it doesn't matter, as a lot if wrong with what I have typed I'm sure, but if you want to get into that game no one is perfect.

Let me know if you have any further problem's with me, just shoot me a PM if my box isn't full.

Last edited: