Help Me Find a Case

Kornowski

VIP Member

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Get a NZXT Apollo case, they are awesome! Tool-less design, lots of space, looks nice! :)

GET IT IN ORANGE ;) Then you can join Me and ThatGuy16! Lol :D

Eternal Rest

The antec 900 is great for airflow. As annoying as it is to build inside of it, it's still a great case. Stays very cool even stock, and looks good too.

PabloTeK

The CM690 is a great case for airflow if it's set-up correctly. The top vents also allow you to have a radiator conesealed up there.

PC eye

banned
The antec 900 is great for airflow. As annoying as it is to build inside of it, it's still a great case. Stays very cool even stock, and looks good too.

It can be a little annoying is correct due to the lack of space immediately behind the upper drive bays and the board itself seeing the suppy at the bottom rather then the top as in most cases custom or otherwise. For getting ide data cables plugged in that's where you have some fun. :rolleyes:

The twin 120s in front as opposed to seeing the usual single fan are good when planning extra hard drives. You can also take one or both out to see one single HD in order to expand the amount of 5.25" drive bays. Antec even has a video clip on that seen at http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15900

WhiteFireDragon

from those links, i'm assuming that you're looking for mid towers only? are you considering full towers at all? generally, full towers offer "better" cooling since there is more room for airflow and volume. i just recently got the thermaltake armor full tower because it was FREE (after rebate of $150). all i had to pay was the shipping and tax :D. deals like that are hard to find, but even still, TT full towers been really cheap recently (under $100 after discounts). but i'm not sure if there are many TT discounts over there in the UK.

Id stay away form large side fans, they dont move a lot of air, and they mess up internal air flow realy bad.

really? how is that so? if that's really true, then i'll probably take out the 250mm gigantic fan off my thermaltake and just leave the blank mesh.

PC eye

banned
Did someone sat 250mm side fan? Try the AeroCool model seen at http://www.xoxide.com/aerocool-extremengine-3t-black.html However not having a 250mm onhand for their other model I simply added a pair of 120s on the side cover of the one seen at http://www.aerocool.us/p-case/aeroengine2/aeroengine2.htm

The black colored model was used for the last build here when temps soared when upgrading an old Socket A then. The case then saw only two 80mm fans on the rear and top without any front fan or vents period! With the 900 now in use for the latest build the video card never sees over 30C as well as the hard drives.

paratwa

I have called the 900 crap in other posts. That is not %100 true. It is a good case for keeping things cool. I just hate the little things about it. Like the bottom PSU mount, drive cages, front panel mounts, lack of wire routing space, loud fans, and the 3.5 drive adapter. Otherwise it's a good case. I would rate the 900 as a 6 out of 10

PC eye

banned
It does have it's moments for sure. Antec did place a pair of plastic retaining straps seen for the top harness and whatever you can fit there. The supply was simply inverted here to accomidate for location seeing that with the bottom fan facing upward. So far no problems.

That and the lack of space immediately behind the drive bays for seeing ide type cables plugged in was the main annoyance while the fans and cooling see the real gain over the previous case used here on the last build. But you can find pros and cons on any case if you look hard enough. You kind of have to live with the one you pick out often enough! :p

taylormsj

from those links, i'm assuming that you're looking for mid towers only? are you considering full towers at all? generally, full towers offer "better" cooling since there is more room for airflow and volume. i just recently got the thermaltake armor full tower because it was FREE (after rebate of $150). all i had to pay was the shipping and tax :D. deals like that are hard to find, but even still, TT full towers been really cheap recently (under $100 after discounts). but i'm not sure if there are many TT discounts over there in the UK.

really? how is that so? if that's really true, then i'll probably take out the 250mm gigantic fan off my thermaltake and just leave the blank mesh.

Yup when i removed my 25 cm fan off my panel on the old case my motherboard temperatures dropped like 4 C.

The air it pushes in stops the front intake - back exhaust flow working efficiently

PabloTeK

I think you need to decide for yourself because we're never going to all agree; however the Antec 900 is good for cooling the Coolermaster is better for your graphics card because the 8800GTS unlike the Ultra has the power connector on the back of the card and since the 900 is shorter you could take out several drive bays in the process; I remember with my old Jeantech case the X1950 and power connector took out 2 drive bays.