HELP mouse moves, but it doesn;t,.

Xycron

banned
Okay, I have a problem when I start my PC my mouse works fine after a couple of minites it stops moving, well at least the icon, the mouse pointer thing stops moving, but the mouse actully moves, you just have to kind of "guess" where it is since the mouse pointer doesn't move.

Could this in anyway have to do with a new vidio card....Aif now then HELP.

Bobo

banned
Reinstall your video drivers; I had problems with the mouse moving randomly and bad scrolling, and it worked.

Xycron

banned
First let me say, sorry for the double psot, but it was haerd enough as it is just to click in this box, and it would have taken me a couple minites to get to that edit box and get it just right.

Anyways just to ad more information, whereeber the mouse pinter get stuvks(seems to be at the bottom right alot. The spot wher it stops moving, the mouse pointer will change still, just doesn't move, like if its laoding/waiting for something, it will still have that hour glass thing show up, or if you go to the end of something it had that black arrows to change the size.

Bobo

banned
Xycron said:
First let me say, sorry for the double psot, but it was haerd enough as it is just to click in this box, and it would have taken me a couple minites to get to that edit box and get it just right.

Anyways just to ad more information, whereeber the mouse pinter get stuvks(seems to be at the bottom right alot. The spot wher it stops moving, the mouse pointer will change still, just doesn't move, like if its laoding/waiting for something, it will still have that hour glass thing show up, or if you go to the end of something it had that black arrows to change the size.

Hmmmm, that's interesting. Reinstall your video drivers or use a different card and just see what happens.

Xycron

banned
Oh, lol i guess i didn't double pst you posted while i was re-posting. Anyway's I guess i'll try that, thats going to take a while too :p

Xycron

banned
Just kidding, didn't word :( it just lasted longer then the few minites, quite a long time, but it died again now :(

Xycron

banned
few hours. It seems to be at raondom, Later on it did it in onle a couple minites, thena few horus again..then 20...

fade2green514

#1 try a different mouse.
if the other mouse works fine then its the mouse.
#2 i cant see video drivers effecting it... if the keyboard still types and such!
#3 if the keyboard doesnt type, then try putting your 6200 to default clocks... see if that helps....

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
have you overclocked your processor, cos i had a problem with everything in the PCI slots going screwy when i pushed it too far, it could be related to that. Like with me it blocked my network card off completeyl, didnt get a signal and couldnt connect, lol. It could have the same effect on your PS/2 bus.....

dragon2309

Xycron

banned
Yes, from 2.8ghz to 3.6ghz, but its been like that for a LONG time, and this just started.

Also Hardware Mouse doesn't work in WoW now.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Well, my prblem didnt start up until a very long time after i had the system overclocked, so try lowering it back down tos tock and see what haooens, better still, do a full BIOS reset.

dragon2309

stalex111

Press control (ctrl) over and over. A series of rings appear arround your cursor That will help you for if you want to do some installations or deinstallations on your computer.

PS: The "mouse pointer thingy" is the cursor.

Last edited:

Xycron

banned
stalex111 said:
Press control (ctrl) over and over. A series of rings appear arround your cursor That will help you for if you want to do some installations or deinstallations on your computer.

PS: The "mouse pointer thingy" is the cursor.
I have that disabled, I hate it.

alienmonkey

I myself am having a similar problem and don't know what is going on.

I've got the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop for Bluetooth set (mouse & keyboard). I've had it for about maybe around a year (unless it's less than that then around when they came out), but recently I've been having issues. For some reason my mouse pointer graphic will occasionally stick to a portion of the screen. I can still move the mouse around and click things, but I can't see what it is beause the pointer doesn't move. It just seems to come out of the blue. I've upgraded the drivers to the latest 5.3 versions, even put in the initial driver cd and used them.

When this was 1st happening, I tried to re-register the mouse with the bluetooth device. When I did this I noticed that the 2 devices seem to no longer be accepting passkeys. (they initially did accept passkeys). I'm not exactly sure when this happened. It could very well be before the mouse pointer started sticking, due to me upgrading the drivers and redoing the channels.

As far as video drivers I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers for GeForce4 cards. And I've also re-installed the desktop from scratch, due to something stupid which I did and it still sticks.

I have a feeling that it has to do with the passkeys being rejected, but I'm at a loss of thought on how to get the pass keys to not be rejected between the 2 devices thus possibly causing interference from some other device.

Xycron

banned
At least for my case I found the problem, it was caused my noise from my crappy PSU. PSU replaced and problem solved.

alienmonkey

I doubt it is a PSU problem. I've had PSU's go up in the past on me and my mouse has never once stopped working when my PSU's have gone bad.

I've thought about getting a new mouse, but I was looking for an answer/hypothesis's that I could maybe try/look into before purchasing a new mouse. It's like $50 to replace my mouse with the same kind.

I still feel it has a problem with the passkey's being rejected, but for some reason the dongle, mouse, and keyboard will not exchange the passkeys and are rejected.

While typing this I double checked something. I've updated the mouse and keyboard drivers to the latest version, but evidently they have nothing to do with the drivers for the dongle itself. Using windows driver update/search installed new updated drivers dated for 2004. Now I am able to get pass keys accepted on my keyboard and my cell, but not the mouse.

Hopefully the updated dongle driver will fix my problem. If the mouse sticks again, I guess I'll see if I can move the pointer on screen with my cell, since my cell can control my desktop. If the cell can move the pointer graphic and the mouse itself can't move the graphic, I guess I'll go buy another mouse and hope it works.

Unless of course someone has some other ideas?