HELP mouse moves, but it doesn;t,.

Xycron

banned
ReturnToEmpire said:
has anyone suggested a new mouse? maybe the lasers weak?
The picture of the pointer stops moving, but it actulyl moves you just cajnt see where, that would not be the laser being weak...but I have tryed a new mouse, anyways at least my problem was solved, it was noise with the PSU.

alienmonkey said:
I doubt it is a PSU problem. I've had PSU's go up in the past on me and my mouse has never once stopped working when my PSU's have gone bad.

I've thought about getting a new mouse, but I was looking for an answer/hypothesis's that I could maybe try/look into before purchasing a new mouse. It's like $50 to replace my mouse with the same kind.

I still feel it has a problem with the passkey's being rejected, but for some reason the dongle, mouse, and keyboard will not exchange the passkeys and are rejected.

While typing this I double checked something. I've updated the mouse and keyboard drivers to the latest version, but evidently they have nothing to do with the drivers for the dongle itself. Using windows driver update/search installed new updated drivers dated for 2004. Now I am able to get pass keys accepted on my keyboard and my cell, but not the mouse.

Hopefully the updated dongle driver will fix my problem. If the mouse sticks again, I guess I'll see if I can move the pointer on screen with my cell, since my cell can control my desktop. If the cell can move the pointer graphic and the mouse itself can't move the graphic, I guess I'll go buy another mouse and hope it works.

Unless of course someone has some other ideas?

Try creating a new thread for it, not many people are still looking in this thread.

Xycron

banned
damnit, I was using my friend's till he got the rest of his part's, so i tryed mine from like 10 years's ago, and it has the same noise problem :( Why oh why did i just have to blown all of my money and have none left for a PSU...

alienmonkey

hmmm I don't know why, but I'm beginning to think that Forte Agent is causing my problem with my mouse. I haven't used it since atleast Sunday, and my comp has been up for over 4 days mouse lockup free.

Operating System Platform:«Windows XP» UpTime:«4 Days 10 Hours 38 Minutes 23 Seconds» Record UpTime:«3 Weeks 1 Day 23 Hours 6 Minutes 22 Seconds»

If Forte Agent is the cause of my problems, I don't understand how it could possibly be causing my mouse to lock up within 24hrs of being open/running.