Heyy all Witch is better Dell or Alienware?

chainzawz

Heyy I am Planning on purchasing a new Computer for My Self I am 14 so i don't have much money but i have managed to save up $800! so I would Like to Know witch is better Dell Or Alienware and what should i be looking for in a good computer for that price?

LittleHoov

you could probably build a much better machine for that price as compared to manufacturers, i see those ads for cyberpower.com in PC World all the time and they seem to have some decent machines for halfway decent prices, might check that out too....but from my understanding Dells customer support is most excellent, and im sure performance wise they probably have very similar models, but Alienware looks way cooler:)

lilm3boi

You can't really compare which manufacturer is better. It depends on the machine, specifications, etc. For 800 dollars, what do you need. Do you need a screen too? Or just a computer? For $809 I built you a Dell 4700 with a cd burner and dvd rom, 128mb x300se, 3gz intel p4, 512mb ram, 19"crt screen, and a 80gb hd. I think that would suit you pretty well.

chainzawz

ok thx but i am looking for some serious gamming! I could go a little bit over 800 something like $870! I was looking at the BOT form Alienware looks good i need a 160GB hard drive, 512 mb of ram, a intel pentium 4 3.0 Mhz or better! all i need is the Tower no mouse moniter speakers keyboard.....ect!

lilm3boi

I just built the alienware identical to the Dell I built and it is 907. You can't do better than what I made. Trust me, for anything less than 2 grand Alienware won't do you any good.

For 989 at Dell I made you a 256mb 6800, 3gz, 512mb ram, cd burner, dvd rom, 160gb hd. If i made that at Alienware it is 1065 without a keyboard and mouse. Plus the x700pro is inferior to the 6800.

chainzawz

That Is great I think I might go about doing that But I am Really only interested in a computer that is good for gaming! All I need is a cd burner that is all and i can only spend $870 no more!

Apathetic

Try cyberpowersystem.com they usually have good deals. Dell would be a good option too. You can always customize too.

chainzawz

Heyy all I went To the web site you guys told me to look at! I made A computer And I Would like to know if this is a good configuration

Aluminum X-SuperAlien CASE 420W & Window (GREEN)
(Sckt775)Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 630 CPU w/HT Technology 3.0GHZ 800FSB 2MB Cache, 64 Bit
(DDR1 OR DDR2)MSI 915P COMBO FR I915P CHIPSET SOCKET775 PCI EXPRESS MB W/ SATA, GIGABITE LAN & 7.1 SOUND
512MB (256MBx2) PC3200 DDR400 Dual Channel (Major_Brand)
160GB 7200 RPM ATA 100 HARD DRIVE -- Recommended
NONE - 2nd Hard Drive
NVIDIA Geforce 6200 Graphics with TurboCache supporting 256MB 16X PCI Express VIDEO CARD
NONE - CD/DVD
SONY CDRW 52X32X52 EIDE (GREEN)
NONE - MONITOR
HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Tha Killa

chainzawz said:
would it be ok to go with an AMD instead of INTEL?

AMD's are better for gaming (at least the A64's and FX lineup are). But you will probably need to change your motherboard also.

Lax

VIP Member
Tha Killa said:
AMD's are better for gaming (at least the A64's and FX lineup are). But you will probably need to change your motherboard also.

Pretty sure that answered your question. If you meant an "old" athlon then no, it wouldn't be ok. You'd want to get an AthlonXP (like 3000-3200+) and then you'd need to switch mobo's to something compatible. I'm not the athlon expert so you'd wanna ask/search for that answer.

chainzawz

heyy all ok news i have switched to a amd bassed computer but i need
to know what mother board to get that will work with a amd athlon64 3200 processer here are my options i aloso need to be able to hook it up tp cable inter net and a video card instaled
OPTIONS

(939-pin Socket) ABIT AV8 VIA K8T800 MAINBOARD WITH LAN, USB2.0, IEEE, & AUDIO [+33]
(939-pin Socket) GigaByte GA-K8NSC-939 nForce3 Ultra Chipset AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,&Audio [+0]
(939-pin Socket) GigaByte GA-K8NS ULTRA-939 nForce3 Chipset AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,IEEE,&Audio [+46]
(939-pin Socket) ASUS A8V DELUXE VIA K8T800 MAINBOARD WITH LAN, USB2.0, IEEE, & AUDIO [+47]

spacedude89

I have the Abit Av8 and i love it, it has built in ethernet, optical out for audio, and has a really great setup manuel, and comes with a easy to use overclocking software, one click
bios updater, the Asus outperforms the abit by a little, but the difference is usaly 1fps so it doesnt really matter,

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Alternatively

If I were you I would go for a Nforce 4 motherboard (Socket 939). They are not that more expensive and are the newest on the market from the Nforce line-up. I would go for an Athlon 64 3400+ or something in that proximity so that you would not spend too much on the processor alone.

JAN :D