Heyy all Witch is better Dell or Alienware?

spazz31585

dell does have some great technical support
and we will insure that one way or another, if you're in contract, you're system will work
howvere, the consumer technical support (from what i understand) really sucks
i work on government and large business accounts. and we give some really good service. but i hear that the consumer department don't know how to speak english much, and they transfer people too much
so to be honest, i would be careful about purchasing a dell for home use

i hear that alienware makes some great systems, but lack the technical support. but also, i agree with someone who said earlier, if you have less the $2,000, don't bother even trying to go with alienware

personal, i too believe you would be better off to build your own
that way you know it has what you want and need in it, and you know how it all gets put together

one more thing about dell though, the design on the system is excellent. very user friendly. there are very few screws in the entire system, and most things are easily replaced and fixed by the customer

so, it's really a matter of preference. if you want to know for sure that you have what you want in the system and you don't want to spend a bunch of money, build it yourself

if you want an excellent gaming computer that looks great, spend some big bucks and go with alienware

or if you want a reliable pc that will probably suit your needs, and have decent contract (and possibly good tech support), go with dell

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Heyy all Witch is better Dell or Alienware?
For $800 prolly the dell ...unless yer looking at the Alie's Bot

I know it looks cooler but is it better to go with that other than dell because it is built for gamming?
Or you could build your own one for gaming...

ok thx but I am looking for some serious gamming!
Yes but the budget doesnt agree with you.

You can't do better than what I made
Thats a pretty broad statement

Heyy all I went To the web site you guys told me to look at! I made A computer And I Would like to know if this is a good configuration
Its a kickass workstation but not a gaming system

would it be ok to go with an AMD instead of INTEL?
It would be far better

But you will probably need to change your motherboard also
Thats a given

(939-pin Socket) ABIT AV8 VIA K8T800 MAINBOARD WITH LAN, USB2.0, IEEE, & AUDIO [+33]
(939-pin Socket) GigaByte GA-K8NSC-939 nForce3 Ultra Chipset AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,&Audio [+0]
(939-pin Socket) GigaByte GA-K8NS ULTRA-939 nForce3 Chipset AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,IEEE,&Audio [+46]
(939-pin Socket) ASUS A8V DELUXE VIA K8T800 MAINBOARD WITH LAN, USB2.0, IEEE, & AUDIO [+47]
Either of the gigabyte boards are good

the Asus outperforms the abit by a little, but the difference is usaly 1fps so it doesnt really matter,
yes but both use the crummy via chipset :(