Hot Deals

bomberboysk

Not a terrible deal on that mobo+psu, still its a lower end psu and lower end mobo. I tend to stay away from OCZ as much as possible, decent units especially at that price though.

bomberboysk

Why's that?

Because they are built by FSP and Sirtec. They have poor ripple suppression(above ~60% load the gamexstream, modxstream, and stealthxstream units are all out of ATX specs for ripple), their voltage stability isnt great, they arent the most effecient units out there, and are generally just mediocre units. For the price on that combo, its not bad. They are fine units as long as you keep them relatively light loaded(single gpu system for example). Their higher wattage units, well, you can easily get an XFX, Silverstone, Corsair, Antec, etc which are built on higher quality platforms at the same price. All of the mentioned units are manufactured by CWT, Seasonic, Seventeam, Enhance, or Delta, all who produce good quality units(well, delta and seventeam produce good units generally speaking, but since they are both OEMs they have to produce what the customer wants, so they are not really to blame for some of their more mediocre platforms).

Last edited:

Mez

SSD's yes, memory, no. DDR3 anyhow....their DDR2 was fine, no idea what happened with them and their DDR3, its been generally rubbish.

yeah haha, I was quoting on DDR2, I used to have a pretty good Q6600 DDR2 OCZ set up.