How can i install Windows 10 64 bit on acer sw3-013?

Dissi

Hi,

someone has gifted me a old acer aspire switch sw3-013. When i got it there was Windows 10 64 bit installed. I wanted to install a different OS, but it won't work. So i came back to Windows 10, but now with 32 bit. I'm trying since yesterday to install the 64 bit version, but somehow i'm not able to do that...

I have downloaded the windows media creation tool and made a bootable usb stick. From the stick i can run the 32 bit version, but the 64 bit stucks. When i try the setup.exe from the x64 folder it says something like 'windows can't execute this program, contact systemadministrator'. The setup.exe from the x86 folder works fine.

When i try to run it at boot it says that the processor doesn't support 64 bit. Even if the system info says 32 bit os on a x64 processor.

I think it has a 32 bit bios, but a 64 bit processor or something like that...

Is there any possibility to install 64 bit again? I would really need it...

Thanks in advice,
dissi

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There are different versions of that model, you'll need to give the full model number. If it only has an eMMC card for storage in it, you'll need windows 10 s mode.

beers

Staff member
If that honestly still has the 2 gigs of RAM, you'd get a slight amount of extra benefit by using a 32 bit version as applications would reserve a lesser amount of memory as they execute. If the CPU is similar to this one it already has the max capacity of RAM defined,