How do you do it?

You guys are all mainly young guys, mostly gamers. Where do you get the money for this stuff?---all pretty expensive. Where do you find the time? I imagine you devote all your time to these games.

Okedokey

I work full time and have a 6 figure income. I believe a lot of guys here are right into computers, and probably live with their parents ;)

tremmor

I agree also. Gamer i never was. I like to look and listen to the people to find out how to solve and learn. Like to help with answers when i can. That keeps me busy. Then again i have my own questions and will search or ask when needed.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I work at a computer shop part time and attend college (currently going for my Bachelors in Networking Technology). My rig is three years old and I spent a TON of money on it back when it was brand new, but I haven't spent much on it lately (maybe $250-$300 for a vid card and SSD).

When ya work, you can buy things. Plain and simple.

lucasbytegenius

I'm a poor ghetto kid with no job who takes whatever money he gets online and magically turns it into games and computer parts.

Definitely need to get a job soon so I can get more games and parts though.

DMGrier

VIP Member
I use to play a lot of video games but then I got married and had my son who is three now and just had my daughter last week so I don't do it as much. We still have the Wii and we will all get going on a game of Wii Sports or Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. There fun cause the whole family can play them and even though my son is very active I like seeing a game that gets him moving.

I would say it is primarily younger people (under 20) that do a majority of the video games. I am not doubting that there are some older people that game being that I work with a guy who is twice my age and spends more time talking about his computer rig then his wife or kids which we are still trying to figure out if they really exist or if only in World of War Craft.

wolfeking

banned
I work full time and have a 6 figure income. I believe a lot of guys here are right into computers, and probably live with their parents ;)
I live with my mum. But not because I don't have a choice. She is disabled, and needs help with most daily task. It ain't like I don't pay all the bills and everything anyway. She is basically a permanent house guest.

You guys are all mainly young guys, mostly gamers. Where do you get the money for this stuff?---all pretty expensive. Where do you find the time? I imagine you devote all your time to these games.
I don't devote all my time to games. I actually do not play that much anymore. Might load up MOH this evening to play again ahead of the warfighter release.

As for where the money comes from. That is simple. Work. 54,000 a year more or less after taxes. It is good enough for me, and we are planning to expand early next year to cover a larger business area.

ayan

I work a pc-related job. Although i find games awesome, and i really don't have much time for them now. I like to know everything about them though. I plan to work hard now, and when i'm in my mid-30, 40's , to work as few hours/month as possible, and enjoy the rest of the time.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys are all mainly young guys, mostly gamers. Where do you get the money for this stuff?---all pretty expensive. Where do you find the time?

I have a full time job,And other sources of income. :)

I imagine you devote all your time to these games.

Not at all,I hardly have time to game these days other than the occasional hour or so play of BF3 in the morning when i come back from work...any other time im at the pc just browsing if i have nothing else to do....then its back to work again.

spirit

Staff member
Yeah, I'm 15, living at home. I can't devote all my time and money to gaming and my PC because I have other interests (photography mainly) and school to be getting on with too.

Where do I get the money? I ask for it for birthday and Christmas, and money gets put into my savings account. Over time it all adds up and you can buy stuff. I sell a lot of things on eBay too, you'd be surprised how much people pay for things on there.

I don't buy the most high-end stuff, but my general rule of thumb when buying computer parts and the like is not to cheap out and go with the "I'll replace it with something better later" attitude. I just save up and buy the best I can now in the hope I won't have to upgrade for a while.

I work full time and have a 6 figure income.
Lucky guy! What's your occupation?

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I'm 17, I live with my parents. I have a weekend job in alternate, a computer company. In the holidays I work for 1-2 weeks fulltime. I upgrade to the best I can get when it's needed.
I'm more busy with other things then gaming atm.

FuryRosewood

I work for a software testing place, make about 1600 a month and budget what i can into my computer. So far i think its going to last a while now.

jonnyp11

I probably spend more time on here than i do on games over the course of the week, when i'm watching tv with this on the ipad probs adds up to half my time. And my rig wasn't that much, older/used parts and good deals got me this for like 500 in the end, maybe 550 and it's great, and i had to pay for it, got a loan from dad trying to sell it but ended up just paying him back once i got some cash and keeping it for a few years.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
...yes I do live with my parents :D, going to University. Government pays $1000 at the start of every semester because I'm doing a Bachelor of Science (apparently they think that money is a good way for luring people into getting educated at certain areas, but... well it's not like I mind free money, but I was mighty surprised when Centrelink sent me a letter saying that they're going to dump a grand on my bank account). That, and I'm generally very good at not spending my money on useless things, so it's just sort of accumulated on my bank account.

I don't game a lot though.

Okedokey

...yes I do live with my parents :D, going to University. Government pays $1000 at the start of every semester because I'm doing a Bachelor of Science (apparently they think that money is a good way for luring people into getting educated at certain areas, but... well it's not like I mind free money, but I was mighty surprised when Centrelink sent me a letter saying that they're going to dump a grand on my bank account). That, and I'm generally very good at not spending my money on useless things, so it's just sort of accumulated on my bank account.

I don't game a lot though.

I pay for that...

Okedokey

Aw

I feel a lot better thinking that my parents pay for that while everyone else pays for failed ticketing systems and pay rises for politicians :(

Pay rises for politicians aren't decided by politicians, plus for what they have to do they get paid f-all. Imagine being the top of your game in the country and only getting 240k or so? LOL, my boss gets 8M.

In terms of failed ticketing systems? Have no idea what you're on about.

Back on topic, at 21 living with your parents is lame to the max.