how good are dell computers

PC eye

banned
Limited is the understatement there. You wouldn't have the hardware combination shown in your sig if you were running a Dell at home. You would most likely see the E6300 or E6400 Core 2 Duo, 2gb of Kingston ValueRam, a 160gb sata, the 7300LE or Radeon X1300 Pro, some off name dvd burner, and one of the Vista versions if not XP. You would most likely be running onboard sound instead of the X-FI Fatality and their brand lcd monitor. Laptops would be the same way with other brands as well as Dell since those only allow so many options and are even more limited when going to upgrade them.

macnoob

id rather die then own another dell. and thats putting it nicely

yeah, if i one a free dell i would sell it before it got to my house and buy more parts for my computer i plan on buiding. i would not want a dell, even if god himself(or whatever you beleive in, or dont beleive in) came and said to use a dell

Zorin

dell is the reason why I am having to upgrade now.
I give them a 1 out of 10 on upgrading.
They are meant for business and nothing else.
Even the XPS isnt worth its price.

PC eye

banned
PC eye believe it or not they actually use Samsung optical drives

We know the quality of those already! :p This is one reason I never went back to a prebuild after having fun trying to swap out hardwares and drives for something better. Brands like Lite-On, LG, Nec, and Sony used here see good results. Plextor has had a good name in their days as well. When looking at Dells now compared to 5-7yrs. ago you can see how cheap looking the cases alone look. When a friend asked to look over a shopping list for a Dell laptop lately I couldn't see the $2,000 expense for that. For a light user and some games for a kid his shopping there was just a little bit too high priced!