How many computers do you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech explorer

I'm under the impression that most members have more than one. Are they all in network? Do you plan to make changes? (e.g. add a computer or delete one). How long did it take you to build your collection?

tremmor

Have 4 towers and one laptop. Scattered in the house, basement computer rooms. All networked. Always had at least 3. 45 yrs ago i think i had one. Imsai, trs80 in the beginning. had to solder the parts on the board in the beginning. No such thing as Internet. it was bulletin boards and dial up.

Hyper-Threaded

Used to have more, but now 7 desktops working, and 1 working laptop because I ordered one on newegg and ups lost it, so I dont know if I am getting money back or a replacement laptop. I used to have about 15 desktops working at once.

FuryRosewood

One Motorola Photon 4

My main gaming desktop

My Panasonic CF-T4 Toughbook

Will have a fourth and fifth going when i get my rosewill towers populated later...

Darren

Staff member
Got an ancient Dell downstairs that's missing a video card. Was my main computer before this one. Of course my main PC rig then an older Dell Latitude laptop as well. I'm planning on getting a new laptop in about a year when I graduate high school.

salvage-this

I have a desktop and a laptop for myself. I built my parents desktop and HTPC as well as my GF desktop. So 5 that I clean up on a regular basis but 2 are really mine I guess.

spirit

Staff member
At the moment, only got the one desktop in my signature. Had so many PCs in my lifetime though that I've lost count. I think I've had about 16 or 17 desktops all in all and 2 laptops.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I've got 2 desktops that I use side by side (For gaming and Linux), a school laptop, a gaming laptop, and a small all-in-one that I mounted to the wall as a weather station.

How many computers

I have 3 up and running now---Two in the basement and one in my Family Room.
One is in a case I salvaged from the turn of the century. You can see a picture of this under the heading of "Hitler" under Desktop Computers in the forum. Since 2001 I must have built about 87 desktops and sold about 20 of them.

strollin

Have too many. Just in the room I'm sitting in right now I have 5 working towers, 2 laptops, a netbook, a tablet, a Raspberry Pi and an Android mini-pc. My 2 daughters each have a tower, netbook and tablet. My son has a tower, laptop, netbook and tablet. My wife has a netbook. All of these connect to my network. I don't have any plans to add or delete any of these computers right now but that could change at any time.

How long to accumulate all of these? I got my first computer in 1984 but the oldest of my current computers is probably no older than 1999 or so. I built my first in 1985 and can't guess at how many computers I've built or purchased since but quite a few.

Up until a few months ago, I had a vintage computer collection of about 25 computers from the DOS days. However, I sold/gave away all of those because I lost interest in that hobby.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
That i use regularly, 3 - my desktop, laptop and my server. All together at home, 3 desktops, two laptops, one netbook, one tablet, one server

spirit

Staff member
All together at home we have 6 - there's my desktop, my brother's desktop, my mum's dekstop, my dad's desktop, my dad's Acer laptop and the server. All of the desktops are custom-built, and the server is an HP ProLiant which was a barebones kit anyway.

But as I said before, the only one which I own personally at the moment is my main desktop (the 2500K rig in my sig). Might be getting my Athlon 64 rig back soon.

M1kkelZR

lets see...
-My desktop (specs in sig A1)
-old PC (sempron 1gb ddr ram :D )
-2 old laptops, 1 running Win95 (wut) and the other dualboot XP/7.No idea how it can run though 512mb ram gg...
-old poweredge server tower which is horrible (768mb ram lool)
-Lots of parts to build about another 3 terrible computers.

Might sell all the old stuff and save up for a new laptop, either MSI GX60 or an Alienware m17X

Twiki

I have two. One budget system I built last Nov and the second I've built piece by piece while I was using the first one. I was taking advantage of discounts and sales at Newegg on good parts.

My first one is a Celeron system for under $200 and reused my HDD and DVD-RW as well as the monitor, KB and mouse.

My second is an i3 system and all new including monitor, KB and mouse. I'm probably close to $800 for everything and that's buying the good stuff.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I got 4 that are mine. In total we've 11 computers in our house running :D, + 2 tablets

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.