How much mobile data do you use?

How much data do you use?

• Total voters

FuryRosewood

Sprint
Moto Photon 4G
Unlimited Data
Probably about 200 megs a month...i dont use alot, tho i am impressed with the phone, its been up for almost a month now :)

kobaj

VIP Member
How much do you use? Less than 200mb a month
Which carrier/provider? AT&T
3G/4G HSPA+/4G LTE? HSPA+
Plan + Monthly Rate? 15$ a month for 200mb
Make/Model of device(s)? Inspire 4G with CM7

I use my phone for about 2 hours of surfing the internet a day. No youtube though. The rest is just talking/texting. I do have push/constant gmail and gtalk updates and stuff turned on. I've come close to my limit sometimes before, but never gone over.

I do admit though, most day's I'm saturated in wifi and don't need to use the data network. Even without wifi though, I could not see myself using more than 1gb a month!

:).

kobaj

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1712842 said:
Why would you have a 4G phone if you limit yourself to 200MB per month?

Jerk Response: So because I don't have a large amount of data, I'm supposed to have that amount be slow? By that logic if I limited myself to 100mb, I would only be allowed to run at 56k! Because obviously if I have a limited amount, I love waiting!

Real Response: I got the phone because of its big screen, new-ness (at the time), and rom-ability. 4G was just a bonus.

:)

mac208x

[-0MEGA-];1693096 said:
I have unlimited 4G data with Verizon, I typically use 4-6GB per month.

HOW?! HOW DO U HAVE UNLIMITED ON BIG RED? Im dying to switch to verizon as sprint and att suck and the only thing keeping me from ditching att and sprint is the 2g data limit.

Geoff

VIP Member
Jerk Response: So because I don't have a large amount of data, I'm supposed to have that amount be slow? By that logic if I limited myself to 100mb, I would only be allowed to run at 56k! Because obviously if I have a limited amount, I love waiting!

Real Response: I got the phone because of its big screen, new-ness (at the time), and rom-ability. 4G was just a bonus.

:)
If you downloaded something at the full speed of your average 4G connection (10Mbps lets say), it would take you under 3 minutes to reach your monthly limit.

HOW?! HOW DO U HAVE UNLIMITED ON BIG RED? Im dying to switch to verizon as sprint and att suck and the only thing keeping me from ditching att and sprint is the 2g data limit.
I was grandfathered in :)

I would love to switch to AT&T, but I can only get a 2GB or 4GB plan.

mac208x

[-0MEGA-];1720890 said:
If you downloaded something at the full speed of your average 4G connection (10Mbps lets say), it would take you under 3 minutes to reach your monthly limit.

you can infact get unlimited on att, all you need is an iphone 2g activate it with thru itunes with the unlimted data plus 200 msgs, call in and ask to switch phones and put u on the smartphone unlimited, you might do this 2 or 3 times since there some dumb ass reps at att. it worked at the second call for me.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
[-0MEGA-];1720890 said:

Apparently they still have an unlimited plan, but it's $45 instead of the previous $30.

kobaj

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1720890 said:

That's an interesting fact. I'm glad I don't use my phone for downloading large files. I just surf the net :).

Geoff

VIP Member
That's an interesting fact. I'm glad I don't use my phone for downloading large files. I just surf the net :).
Just goes to show you though that by watching a few HD videos or some bandwidth heavy sites, you can very quickly reach your cap.

kobaj

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1721143 said:
Just goes to show you though that by watching a few HD videos or some bandwidth heavy sites, you can very quickly reach your cap.

I could reach my cap with 3g as well. An HD Video is still going to take 100MB regardless of if you download it at 3g speeds or 4g speeds...

Thankfully I watch what I download. :).

PJBC

Simple enough.

On a monthly average:

• How much do you use?
  • Which carrier/provider?
  • 3G/4G HSPA+/4G LTE?
  • Plan + Monthly Rate?
  • Make/Model of device(s)?

I have a 500Mb allowance as it's the best O2 will give on PAYG.
I usually use it for Facebook when out a wifi zone or computer zone and YouTube music videos on the bus home from college, I've only ever run out of allowance once.

I use 3G and I'm on O2 PAYG, 250 minutes, free texts and 500Mb - it's a special deal that isn't available anymore.

Currently using a Galaxy Apollo but want to upgrade to the HTC Wildfire S once I've got a nice gaming PC set up.

Hope this helps :)

Geoff

VIP Member
I could reach my cap with 3g as well. An HD Video is still going to take 100MB regardless of if you download it at 3g speeds or 4g speeds...

Thankfully I watch what I download. :).
Yes, but with 4G it's much easier to go over your cap, since files/videos load so quickly you may not realize just how fast you will reach your cap.

SuperDuperMe

I dont use the internet on my phone as i have a k850i and getting facebook up is an ordeal. However the last couple of months since my girlfriend switched provider iv used about 6 gb a month on her unlimited internet for her phone :D (each month)