I have a HP xw8400 workstation, I want to upgrade it, but want to know if it is worth it. The maximum upgrade for this computer at this time would include:
32GB of ram
4 2TB hard drives
2 Xeon 5680 6 core 3.33 GHz CPUs
and an ATI Radeon HD 5970 Graphics Card
I am not exactly certain that that's the proper CPU, if anyone knows what kind of slot I have. I need a 64 bit CPU to use the RAM too. I know that the one that I have in the computer is 64 bit compatible.
I checked the prices for these parts and it could come up to $6000. Is what I have worth that much?
32GB of ram
4 2TB hard drives
2 Xeon 5680 6 core 3.33 GHz CPUs
and an ATI Radeon HD 5970 Graphics Card
I am not exactly certain that that's the proper CPU, if anyone knows what kind of slot I have. I need a 64 bit CPU to use the RAM too. I know that the one that I have in the computer is 64 bit compatible.
I checked the prices for these parts and it could come up to $6000. Is what I have worth that much?