How Secure Is Your Password?

PCunicorn

Pretty sure 5 octillion is a higher number than 322 septillion - given that 'sept' is 7 and 'oct' is 8.

The password is only useful if the site could find out usernames and what the password is for.

Yes, but that's IF you add a capital letter at the end :D

Punk

Staff member
So you all went there with your browsers and typed in your passwords!

Exactly my thoughts while reading this thread! :rolleyes:

Of course the website is not compromised and the author says he doesn't steal them!

Right so you believe everything you read online?

The password is only useful if the site could find out usernames and what the password is for.

I'm sure you can find a way to link your IP used to check the password time of hacking to this thread.

PCunicorn

Exactly my thoughts while reading this thread! :rolleyes:

Right so you believe everything you read online?

I'm sure you can find a way to link your IP used to check the password time of hacking to this thread.

1. My password has yet to be used by somebody other than me so...

2. Pretty sure he was being sarcastic

3. True, but still.

I am getting a little tired of your posts. They seem to be getting increasingly lower quality. Not this post exactly, you made some points but your other posts?

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Calm down people.
We are not enemies here.
It's just forum and not a place to measure the quality level of someone's posts (like some people used to do to me).

Cheers password crackers!
password-cracking-shutterstock.jpg

Troncoso

VIP Member
I use a 16 digit number as my password (with a couple of alpha characters) that is in no way related to anything about anything. So, I guess you could say it's completely random. I know this number so well, that I can re-arrange it however I want, or even remove some digits and use it as a new password, which is what I do for all of my accounts.

Geoff

VIP Member
I use a 16 digit number as my password (with a couple of alpha characters) that is in no way related to anything about anything. So, I guess you could say it's completely random. I know this number so well, that I can re-arrange it however I want, or even remove some digits and use it as a new password, which is what I do for all of my accounts.
Is that complex enough? Most sites now require an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, and a number or symbol.

Troncoso

VIP Member
As I said, I do use a couple alpha characters. Very few sites that I've seen actually require a symbol, but if they do, I just throw a ! in there.

spirit

Staff member
Is that complex enough? Most sites now require an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, and a number or symbol.

Really? Very few sites I've signed up to things lately require all of those things. Most don't require any of them.

spirit

Staff member
Most of my banking, financial, and insurance sites require at least 3 of those, some require all 4.

Oh yeah I can probably understand it on sites like that, but the vast majority of sites [not financial and banking sites] which I've signed up to don't require all of that lot. For example, internet forums and stuff like that.

Punk

Staff member
1. My password has yet to be used by somebody other than me so...

2. Pretty sure he was being sarcastic

3. True, but still.

I am getting a little tired of your posts. They seem to be getting increasingly lower quality. Not this post exactly, you made some points but your other posts?

If you want to talk about my posts, PM me, I'm actually curious!

The fact that you just said this here and said that this posts is actually quality (?) makes no sense. If you're getting tired of me because I don't agree with you, please grow up.

Back on topic, I've tried a few older password I had, 52 days :D