How should I upgrade from an HDD to an SSD and also switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10 at the same time?

JohnJSal

Ok, just to cover all the bases...what happens if my activation key doesn't work? Will I have a chance to purchase one? Can Windows 10 be used without it, even for a little while? Or will I be stuck?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If it doesn't work, you can always purchase one. I can give you a website to get a cheap key that actually works. I've used this site a few times with no issues. If its not activated, you can use it with reduced functionality indefinitely, basically you'll lose the ability on most personalization settings.

JohnJSal

If it doesn't work, you can always purchase one. I can give you a website to get a cheap key that actually works. I've used this site a few times with no issues. If its not activated, you can use it with reduced functionality indefinitely, basically you'll lose the ability on most personalization settings.

Ok, good to know I can at least proceed with the installation/usage of it even without the key. I'll see how it goes and if I need a new one. Not sure yet when I'll actually do this. It makes me nervous to make such a big change!

JohnJSal

Just wanted to follow-up with a huge thank you to everyone who helped me along with this process! I successfully installed a new SSD and Windows 10, and everything seems to be running great so far!

I can say with 100% certainty that I would not have done this without your guidance and suggestions! Thank you so much!