How to block spontaneous upgrade from Wind 8 to Wind 10?

Qwertyn

I have returned from Wind 10 to Wind 8, but Wind spontaneously have upgraded up to Win 10 again. How to block spontaneous upgrade from Wind 8 to Wind 10?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Probably just need to backup your data and do a clean install. Most issues should be taken care of then.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Don't think a problem like that would be a compatibility problem between 10 and a HP computer. Would be the best to do like john35 said, a clean install.

Qwertyn

Don't think a problem like that would be a compatibility problem between 10 and a HP computer. Would be the best to do like john35 said, a clean install.
What does it mean "a clean install"? I have Wind 8 in the motherboard of HP comp. I can only upgrade Win 8 to Win 10.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Upgrade to 10... and then go through the reset process for a clean install.

Although, during the upgrade process, there should be an option for a clean install rather than an upgrade that leaves your programs intact.

aldan

windows10,when updating can cause all kinds of glitches.sorta like all the other versions of windows???ive had 10 since august 2015,so now most bugs are worked out.give it time for christs sake.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, haven't tried it as I have been running 10 for about 6 months now. It should work just fine. But again, you probably just need to backup your data and do a fresh install of 10 to get everything working correctly.

Qwertyn

Nope, haven't tried it as I have been running 10 for about 6 months now. It should work just fine. But again, you probably just need to backup your data and do a fresh install of 10 to get everything working correctly.
I did Win 10 reinstall with saving of my files, but it does not help.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
To do a fresh install, you need to backup your files, wipe the drive and reinstall windows. Then put your files back on.