How to Build a Computer - Step by Step (With Photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Beast

not to be an a-hole but there are tons of guides on Youtube or other site

It's still great to see one here at CF :)

Geoff

VIP Member
I've made some changes to the first section of the guide, could I get some feedback as to whether or not you prefer this layout versus the previous layout?

zaroba

i don't recall seeing the previous layout, but it looks great how it is now. its an excellent guide excellent guide.
it would be nice to see this topic stickied for those that need help.

although, i've often heard it is easier and safer to install the cpu/heatsync before installing the motherboard. reduces the chances of pushing too hard and actually cracking the motherboard.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
i don't recall seeing the previous layout, but it looks great how it is now. its an excellent guide excellent guide.
it would be nice to see this topic stickied for those that need help.
I've only changed the first post, the two posts below it are the previous layout.

I've tried to make it a bit easier to understand which step you are currently taking, such as installing the motherboard, CPU, etc. I've also added more information to each picture and tried to make it more obvious that the text belongs to the photo below it.

zaroba

well, the first post is nicer then the other two.

the line breaks and headers define each section and would make it easier to find a certain area of the guide.

apj101

VIP Member
lax is redrafting the 101 now and i ask him to include a link to this in it as long as the formatting is sorted

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
*Edit: i guess mortonman1 decided he would delete the post i was replying to..

Last edited:

pies

Quick question OMEGA.
I need to clean my pc out tomorrow and just from a helpful point not to bud into your thread, I could take a few pics of installing a socket am2 cpu and fan if you wanted to show how to install those there not much diffrent from 775 I know but just saying.
I really do like the guide I'll probably recomend it to a few buddies of mine next time they work on their pc's
thanks
-pies

Geoff

VIP Member
Quick question OMEGA.
I need to clean my pc out tomorrow and just from a helpful point not to bud into your thread, I could take a few pics of installing a socket am2 cpu and fan if you wanted to show how to install those there not much diffrent from 775 I know but just saying.
I really do like the guide I'll probably recomend it to a few buddies of mine next time they work on their pc's
thanks
-pies
I would say it would be great to take some photos, maybe keep them in the event someone asks how to install an AM2 processor and HSF, although it is a bit easier the LGA775 anyways, and it may clutter up the thread if I edit it in. Although you may be able to post it here so you can link it to others when they ask for help on installing an AM2 processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.