How to Build a Computer - Step by Step (With Photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motoxrdude

just a suggeston, not trying to critisize of anything. maybe make the pictures thumbnail sizes and if you click on them it would make them bigger. it would help with bandwidth and make it easier to read.

Geoff

VIP Member
just a suggeston, not trying to critisize of anything. maybe make the pictures thumbnail sizes and if you click on them it would make them bigger. it would help with bandwidth and make it easier to read.
I would but Photobucket doesn't support that as far as I know.

Motoxrdude

wth? if i click page 8 it sends me to page 7, lol.

o wait, there it goes. someone probably deleted there post or something.

ZeroWing

I followed your guide from beginning to end, though my case and mobo were a lot different. SInce this was my first PC I referred to the manual a lot ><. WHen I booted up for the first time everything was running but there was nothing on my monitor, the USB ports also were not working. I did have to use some force on some of the power connectors like the 20 pin one and I'm scared I damaged my board in the process. I'm also using a HD with an OS already on it from my other PC, is that a problem? Anyways, my main focus is the video. I'm really anxious to get the BIOS screen runnnig so I can pat myself on the back for saving lots of money on a gaming PC :). Before that happens, Ill need to find out why Im getting no video and why my USB ports arent responding :/. If your guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Instinct5

man i wish this was up a month ago. I shorted out and fried my motherboard cause the manual didnt say to put the pegs on the backplate (most people know that) but this was my first build so i didnt know anything about it

hells3000

man i wish this was up a month ago. I shorted out and fried my motherboard cause the manual didnt say to put the pegs on the backplate (most people know that) but this was my first build so i didnt know anything about it

This has been up since December :p

Geoff

VIP Member
I followed your guide from beginning to end, though my case and mobo were a lot different. SInce this was my first PC I referred to the manual a lot ><. WHen I booted up for the first time everything was running but there was nothing on my monitor, the USB ports also were not working. I did have to use some force on some of the power connectors like the 20 pin one and I'm scared I damaged my board in the process. I'm also using a HD with an OS already on it from my other PC, is that a problem? Anyways, my main focus is the video. I'm really anxious to get the BIOS screen runnnig so I can pat myself on the back for saving lots of money on a gaming PC :). Before that happens, Ill need to find out why Im getting no video and why my USB ports arent responding :/. If your guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.
The problem could be many things, if you could start your own thread though and not continue to clutter up this one, it would be much appreciated :)

spartikus

Where would be a good place to ask some questions regarding this thread and building a pc in general its my first time doing this and don't want to clutter up this thread? please let me know thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.