How to make Firefox as fast as Chrome?

theshadowxx

just another quick question for you guys

when using firefox, it only has one process firefox.exe (task manager) but when using chrome it has multiplce processes if im doing tabbed browsing so more than 1 chrom.exe process comes up in the task manager, each uses a certain amount of memory, while when tabbed browsing in firefox, when i do tabbed browsing there is only 1 firefox.exe process and it uses more memory. whats better? to have more 1 big firefox.exe process or multiplice chrome.exe process? (assuming that they both equal the same amount of memory usage)

i was actually bumping because I wanted to know which is better (in the processes sense) (tabbed browsing)

Rit

Granted my computer is fairly craptastic... I don't see a huge enough difference between FF and Chrome to really monkey around with the settings.

canivari

Well the good thing about firefox is that is very fast at the startup stage and opening tabs or new windows and even if is full of Add-ons..
The bad thing... is you need a lot of RAM to feed the guy..i mean after 1 or 2 hours open if you check in task manager the ram that is consuming..its crazy..
Internet explorer..doesnt eat a lot of RAM but is slow...as hell..
Chrome..havent tested yet so cant say anything about it..

Last edited: