I found out that 52x isn't the fastest. Should I get a 56x?

Starman*

Minor point probably of no interest, but the drive speed is just the max the drive can do at the outside edge of the disk. For a 52x read at the inner edge, the disk would have to spin at around 27,000rpm. At that speed you would need a vacuum cleaner to remove the disk from the drive!

Starman*

ADE

banned
Agreed. Now a-days the truth can be dangerous. Even for Cd's. Although when Cd's first came out it was said that they were indistructable. The did stuff like put it in washing machines and stuff to show that they would withstand anything (that's what they thought at the time).

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I beg to differ with those speeds, If you read about the drive, you'll see more how it works. Most benchmarks show it going much faster than that. Also, if I remember correctly, it's not a true 72x drive when you think about RPMs. Rather, it spins at slower speeds and basically has 7 beams used to read.

bball4life

I beg to differ with those speeds, If you read about the drive, you'll see more how it works. Most benchmarks show it going much faster than that. Also, if I remember correctly, it's not a true 72x drive when you think about RPMs. Rather, it spins at slower speeds and basically has 7 beams used to read.
Still, its not really woth the price, and I did read it what benchmarks show it faster? I mean its a good idea to minimize sound, and the 7 beams would probably more effective in getting faster read times, but still. There is no need for a 72x drive.