I hate Mozilla Firefox. Come get me!

sun_kissed_0

Yup that's right. I said it!

I do not like Firefox! I'm having so many problems with it, and I never had any problems with IE7.

Anyone with me? Or do you all think I'm crazy?

sun_kissed_0

Slow
When I post on here it'll leave a blank white page and say "done" or "stopped" and i'll have to go back and go to off topic and blah blah blah cause I don't think refresh helped me.
I've done everything I can to download flash player and it's not working.
Because of that I can't go to a normal page
or view a picture
or video
It's just horrible.

Mitch?

banned
Maybe it's just you. I mean.
Maybe it's not blond compatible.
I'd honestly suggest Google Chrome over IE8 or FF3.

Respital

Do you have any add ons installed? I highly recommend using Ad Block Plus and WOT (Web of Trust) helps browsing and keeps you away from ads and such, take a look.

sun_kissed_0

Maybe it's just you. I mean.
Maybe it's not blond compatible.
I'd honestly suggest Google Chrome over IE8 or FF3.
Very funny but I know a lot more about computers than you think I do. Especially the common sense "how do download flash player". It's DEFINITELY not me!
Try Opera or Safari 4.

I'm just going to uninstall it and stick with my IE7 I think...
Is there a free upgrade for IE so I can get IE8?

sun_kissed_0

Well the only reason why I'm asking is because Microsoft should ask if I wanted to upgrade (it did it for IE7).
So I was thinking, because it didn't, maybe it's not free yet.

Bodaggit23

I have no issues with FF.

I especially like the part where I can just type in the address bar:

computerforum

and it brings me right here. No search page. Just takes me here.

Same with youtube, myspace, facebook.

No need for www.***** No need for .com, .net, .nada

I just type and Firefox happily just takes me there. Outstanding. :good:

JTM

Yup that's right. I said it!

I do not like Firefox! I'm having so many problems with it, and I never had any problems with IE7.

Anyone with me? Or do you all think I'm crazy?

You're not using it correctly. Once you install Firefox you have to download add-ons to get tip top performance. Install Firefox, download flash player, download ad blocker pro, etc.

There is no reason why FF wouldn't work.

Droogie

Slow
When I post on here it'll leave a blank white page and say "done" or "stopped" and i'll have to go back and go to off topic and blah blah blah cause I don't think refresh helped me.
I've done everything I can to download flash player and it's not working.
Because of that I can't go to a normal page
or view a picture
or video
It's just horrible.

i don't mean to sound harsh here, but honestly those sound like either problems with CF, or you.

everybody gets the white screen once in awhile, way back before you joined it was much much worse, it happened on an almost consistent basis for me. eventually ian switched CF to a new hosting provider i believe.

not being able to get flash player to work isn't firefox's fault, it may be your computer, or maybe you aren't doing something right. mozilla didn't purposely make firefox to not work with flash player, and it's not a very common problem.

to conclude this, firefox really isn't horrible, just because you are having issues with it doesn't mean you should just give up on it. give it a chance, try to figure out the errors, don't just downgrade to IE because you're angry with firefox.

sun_kissed_0

I have no issues with FF.

I especially like the part where I can just type in the address bar:

computerforum

and it brings me right here. No search page. Just takes me here.

Same with youtube, myspace, facebook.

No need for www.***** No need for .com, .net, .nada

I just type and Firefox happily just takes me there. Outstanding. :good:
Wow that is really cool. If I fix the problems I have now then I might keep it.
You're not using it correctly. Once you install Firefox you have to download add-ons to get tip top performance. Install Firefox, download flash player, download ad blocker pro, etc.

There is no reason why FF wouldn't work.
Haha it's so funny. It's like you're here in my room watching me download Firefox for the first time.....
Oh that's right you're not.
So how would you know if I'm not using it correctly?
First of all, I did install all the add-ons and I tried installing flash player and I did it correctly too. Unless there is something that I needed to do, that is completely out of my way, and that the average computer user would not know how to do.
i don't mean to sound harsh here, but honestly those sound like either problems with CF, or you.

everybody gets the white screen once in awhile, way back before you joined it was much much worse, it happened on an almost consistent basis for me. eventually ian switched CF to a new hosting provider i believe.

not being able to get flash player to work isn't firefox's fault, it may be your computer, or maybe you aren't doing something right. mozilla didn't purposely make firefox to not work with flash player, and it's not a very common problem.

to conclude this, firefox really isn't horrible, just because you are having issues with it doesn't mean you should just give up on it. give it a chance, try to figure out the errors, don't just downgrade to IE because you're angry with firefox.
I have not ever had a white screen with IE. Maybe the flash player problem is something to do with my computer, because like i said i have tried all the right procedures. "it is not a common problem" actually I searched it and there was some information about it, so it must be somewhat common.

To sum it all up, yes, I will give firefox one last try. I'm going to uninstall it completely, then reinstall. Go through all the proper setup procedures again and hope that it works. I just don't like how you all are insisting that I did something wrong. I promise I'm not a computer dumby.

Last edited:

JTM

Haha it's so funny. It's like you're here in my room watching me download Firefox for the first time.....
First of all, I did install all the add-ons and I tried installing flash player and I did it correctly too. Unless there is something that I needed to do, that is completely out of my way, and that the average computer user would not know how to do.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but it seems that it's an error on your behalf instead of the program.

Tips to get FF running.

-Uninstall Firefox
-Go to my computer>C drive> program files> Mozilla > delete the Firefox one, or if you don't use any Mozilla products delete the whole folder.
-Reboot your PC.

-Re-install Firefox from Firefox.com.

Once you do this don't install any add-ons, simply come back to this page and post what your results are.

Droogie

I have not ever had a white screen with IE. Maybe the flash player problem is something to do with my computer, because like i said i have tried all the right procedures. "it is not a common problem" actually I searched it and there was some information about it, so it must be somewhat common.

To sum it all up, yes, I will give firefox one last try. I'm going to uninstall it completely, then reinstall. Go through all the proper setup procedures again and hope that it works. I just don't like how you all are insisting that I did something wrong. I promise I'm not a computer dumby.

i didn't mean to imply you were computer illiterate or whatever, all i'm saying is that i've been in your situation before, something doesn't work and i right away say it sucks, when in reality it was my fault for it not working. i'm sure you will figure it out though, shouldn't be anything too major.