I love Xbox!

lexmark

yea lexmark ur turing this into a war, as said before both have pros and cons, if you think a ps3 doesnt break what is rlod or RSOD yea ps3 are getting red screen of death and ive had 2 consoles neither of which have rrod'd

Hardly, I just said ps3 ftw, i'm not the one spamming it up with "one vs other" facts

personaly, WII is the way to go, anything else is inferior :p

lexmark

That's not always the case.. Some void the warranty, like me. I'm not entirely sure if they still charge, but M$ wanted me to pay them $100 to send my 360 out just to have the DVD drive fixed.. So if for some reason the warranty option isn't possible, where it's covered, you'll either have to pay them to send it out, or buy a new console. Either option is the better choice when the other option is getting a PS3.

LOL PS3, what a joke.

jokes on you, enjoy the hasstle

Drenlin

Dude, their customer support is amazing, the Xbox was bought in 2008, an the warranty went to 2009, but if you had 3 flashing red lights, and a green light on your power cable, they extend your warranty for 3 years!

Not only that, but if they repair, it, it resets the warranty. Now that you've sent yours in, you get full coverage for another year, then RRoD protection for two years after that.

salvage-this

If you get rid of the x clamps on the back of the gpu and cpu and replace them with bolts that fit the thread of the heatsinks, you can fix the reason for the RROD. At least one of them. That's how I got mine. If you have the warranty that is the better choice.

g4m3rof1337

If you get rid of the x clamps on the back of the gpu and cpu and replace them with bolts that fit the thread of the heatsinks, you can fix the reason for the RROD. At least one of them. That's how I got mine. If you have the warranty that is the better choice.

I've done that before and it worked. I also replaced the fan in my most previous 360, it runs a lot cooler, and it has green LEDs.

lexmark

I'll enjoy my 360 exclusive games and content. Enjoy your... racing games.

Hasstle?

beep beep, both consoles have exclusive games and racing games, not sure why you mentioned that...

hasstle / hassle = dismantling console & replacing components, sending in for repairs or paying monthly for xbox "live", all of which i'm glad to have never experienced:rolleyes:

p.s, jcollins, now it's turning into a war... but this thread never had much meaning in the first place so why not? :D

Fatback

VIP Member
beep beep, both consoles have exclusive games and racing games, not sure why you mentioned that...

hasstle / hassle = dismantling console & replacing components, sending in for repairs or paying monthly for xbox "live", all of which i'm glad to have never experienced:rolleyes:

p.s, jcollins, now it's turning into a war... but this thread never had much meaning in the first place so why not?:D

Xbox live is far better then PSN which is why people pay for it. Also the PS3 has a failure rate too even though it is only like 1/3 that of the 360 they do fail.

There is just no advantage to buying a PS3, None that I can think of anyways.

g4m3rof1337

p.s, jcollins, now it's turning into a war... but this thread never had much meaning in the first place so why not? :D

But the 360 actually has exclusive games that don't suck.. None of the PS3 only games have made me want a PS3. But I got the original Xbox cause of Halo 2, and the 360 cause of Halo 3.

lexmark

Xbox live is far better then PSN which is why people pay for it. Also the PS3 has a failure rate too even though it is only like 1/3 that of the 360 they do fail.

Think harder, there are plenty of advantages, none that I wish to repeat since you're obviously bullshiting and don't care about my responce.

lexmark

But the 360 actually has exclusive games that don't suck.. None of the PS3 only games have made me want a PS3. But I got the original Xbox cause of Halo 2, and the 360 cause of Halo 3.

So you bought two consoles because of two game titles alone? huh... well I guess that explains it all... no need to argue with you anymore:cool:

Dystopia

BLURAYZ!!!

Im kidding of course.

g4m3rof1337

So you bought two consoles because of two game titles alone? huh... well I guess that explains it all... no need to argue with you anymore:cool:

Yeah. Surely you're not stupid enough to think I bought them at the same time.. though I wouldn't be surprised. Sorry my family and I have disposable income. Are you not educated enough on the topic? Did you know Halo 2 was for the Original Xbox, and when Halo 3 came out, you needed to upgrade to the 360? OMG SCAM!

And look at my collection now. With owning a 360, I was able to buy other appealing titles! It's as if it was inevitable.

tlarkin

VIP Member
haha If it wasn't for the blu-ray player 75% of people wouldn't even think of buying a PS3.

PS3 is a no brainer actually. For $99 more of a bluray player you get a PS3 which does a lot more. I own both consoles and the God of War series, Metal Gear, and Final Fantasy is enough to own a PS3. Plus bluray, 1080P out of the box and you know what I found out the other day? My Samsung TV remote works native with my PS3. I found this out by accident by grabbing my remote by accident and I noticed it was controlling my PS3. That is pretty damn sweet.

mtb211

Okay heres the fact , ive had both systems.. PS3 is a better console , blu ray , wifi

xbox is a better system for pure gaming, better exclusives, online is way better (but you have to pay )

I wish I still had an xbox sometimes so I could play alan wake , but then again I wanted to play MGS4 , Heavy Rain, Uncharted 1 and 2, Killzone 2 (which sucks balls )

I hook up my external hardrive to my ps3 and watch all the movies I legally download, its sweet... no hiccups like I got with my old xbox

did I mention my xbox got those red lights, and so did my brothers and most of my friends

tlarkin

VIP Member
Okay heres the fact , ive had both systems.. PS3 is a better console , blu ray , wifi

xbox is a better system for pure gaming, better exclusives, online is way better (but you have to pay )

I wish I still had an xbox sometimes so I could play alan wake , but then again I wanted to play MGS4 , Heavy Rain, Uncharted 1 and 2, Killzone 2 (which sucks balls )

I hook up my external hardrive to my ps3 and watch all the movies I legally download, its sweet... no hiccups like I got with my old xbox

did I mention my xbox got those red lights, and so did my brothers and most of my friends

I agree, I find the PS3 much more innovative. You can plug in devices and they work, you can pick up any TV remote and it works on the PS3, and it comes with everything built in. Don't get me wrong, the 360 and I have had lots of fun together, but after owning a 360 for about 3 or 4 years now and owning a PS3 for about 3 months, I can already tell the PS3 is of better design and engineering.

lexmark

Yeah. Surely you're not stupid enough to think I bought them at the same time.. though I wouldn't be surprised. Sorry my family and I have disposable income. Are you not educated enough on the topic? Did you know Halo 2 was for the Original Xbox, and when Halo 3 came out, you needed to upgrade to the 360? OMG SCAM!

And look at my collection now. With owning a 360, I was able to buy other appealing titles! It's as if it was inevitable.

I couldn't care less if you bought them at the same time, makes no difference. You mentioned that you decided on two consoles because of a halo, the fact that you bought other games afterwards is irrelevent. What if the halo series was released on ps3 as well, would you still have chosen xbox?

I guess i'm just jelous, I wish I had the $$ to shell out for new consoles everytime an appealing game gets released for a system I don't own;)

tlarkin

VIP Member
I couldn't care less if you bought them at the same time, makes no difference. You mentioned that you decided on two consoles because of a halo, the fact that you bought other games afterwards is irrelevent. What if the halo series was released on ps3 as well, would you still have chosen xbox?

I guess i'm just jelous, I wish I had the $$ to shell out for new consoles everytime an appealing game gets released for a system I don't own;)

Making money is easy, saving money is hard. Trust me, if you cut back on small things you'd be surprised what you can save up for.