I need help with a virus

cykx

Well, turn your PC on and press the F2 key a few times. That should get you into your BIOS. On other PC's like Compaq (Hope nobody has one), it has a key combination. IF it was a virus, i believe, some message would be displayed like a file being missing or something. Ive already lost 1 pc to a virus, then I lost the second one playing with a virus myself. Ive never had any overheating situations on any of my PC's so I cant help you there. What OS are you running, when did the problem start, what where the last things you downloaded, what other things could you have done or changed? these might give me us a better grasp on the situation. Good Luck.

RiseandTakeOver

If it is shutting down as soon as it gets to the XP logo then it is most likely hardware. I had the same problem with my last computer, turns out the pathways in my motherboard were shot so after a few seconds of running it would just die out...

If it is rebooting as soon as it gets to the XP logo, you probably have some sort of startup error in your msconfig. I'd say start safe mode.. but since you can't do that... format...