i pay $70 a month for internet..

huh

• i pay more than that, for just internet.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • wow that's too much

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters

slotguy

seems like not all that long ago $20-25 was the 'norm' - what happened?

i get it through the local cable co. now.. nothing special, i think it's the 3mb level i get.. the basic cable modem internet connection.

there HAS to be some website i can go to, sign up, and get the same service for half the price..... right? any advice?

G25r8cer

My moms boyfriend just got basic cable tv and a 5mb line for $40 a month and for $5 more a month he can get a 10mb line instead of a 5mb line. I love my charter although upload speeds are not great. I have a 5mb line at my house (moms house).

g4m3rof1337

I use to pay $90 a month for Business Internet, until the Service Reps started messing with the connection, on purpose.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I pay 40/month for a 20mbit connection, with taxes its 50. Just paid it like two days ago. You are paying too much, I hope they offer extra services like coming over and doing your dishes a few times a week for those prices.

G25r8cer

Heres my 5mb line test. Soon we are upgrading to 10mb line. Im getting faster download speeds right now than what I (mom) pays for. LOL

brian

VIP Member
i pay about 50 ish for 22 mb/s down and 1.5 mb/s up :cool: i love comcast

if only it was 20 bux cheeper

Vizy

We recentley switched over from DSL to cable, so our speeds are much faster and all. Right now we are paying 30-40$ a month because we have the 6 month started price still going. After 6 months, the rpice goes up to around $60.

G25r8cer

^^^ Not bad but its a rip off compared to what my moms bf just got. He got such a good deal. It was a special that Charter was having. Im jealous of him.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Right now, I pay $66 per month for internet and unlimited phone service through Comcast. I'll be moving soon and switching back to DSL which starts @ $19.99 monthly. My only advice is to look into what your phone company offers on the DSL side. DSL sucks, IMO, but cable is too expensive where I'll be living.

G25r8cer

DSL is great for internet if you upload alot!! Upload speeds are constant and high (most of the time) with DSL. I still prefer the pure speed of Cable though. I cant wait for the 10mbps line.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
2mbps upload? Can we see a test?

spkyvq.jpg

and that's on wireless