i pay $70 a month for internet..

huh

• i pay more than that, for just internet.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • wow that's too much

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters

funkysnair

VIP Member
£10 for 8meg connection-using aol!!! stuck with them for a while :(

not a bad price i know, it took some bartering because i was paying £30 and i phoned up for my mac code to go somewhere else and they threw a few offers-
in the end i said i was going to a company that charges £10/month and they said they could match it!!!!

Last edited:

Langers2k7

I pay 50 quid a month ($100) for my connection. That is because I live in the absolute middle of nowhere in the most rural county in the whole of England, and I get a wireless 10mb connection for that. It's worth it, because the phone lines here only support up to a 56k connection.

Mitch?

banned
274438993.png

That about 100 bucks /month for land phone, internet, digital cable and movie packs (3 recievers, one dvr/hdtv)....
This is their middle internet speed package, like 30 a month for this alone. The 50 a month is about 20mb/s.

tlarkin

VIP Member
274438993.png

That about 100 bucks /month for land phone, internet, digital cable and movie packs (3 recievers, one dvr/hdtv)....
This is their middle internet speed package, like 30 a month for this alone. The 50 a month is about 20mb/s.

If you are paying for a 20mbit connection you are getting ripped off, your bandwidth is maybe at half that right now. Granted there is always over head but still, I would call and complain.

ok.

thats about 100 feet from the router, clear across the house lol. but still, plenty fast.

100 feet won't really make a difference. CAT 5 starts to lose quality in signal at over 100 meters (300 feet).

Mitch?

banned
If you are paying for a 20mbit connection you are getting ripped off, your bandwidth is maybe at half that right now. Granted there is always over head but still, I would call and complain.

No i'm only paying the basic broadband which is rated 10mb /s. 29.99 ;)

We will be getting verizon 3mbps dsl for $30 a month, that seems bad after reading this.

If I'm using a wifi 5.5mbps connection, and am getting a 1/5 or 2/5 connection, will 3mbps be better? My neighbor lets me use their wifi, and it's been bad lately. I can't play any online game. So will a 3mbps wifi inside my house be better than a 1/5 or 2/5 connection from my neighbor's house?

-On speedtest, I got 800kbps download, and 500kbps upload for neighbors.

we might get charter 5mbps if it is a lot better than dsl.

Last edited:

fortyways

banned

I pay about fitty a month. I think the advertised speed is 8mbps or something. The package also comes with basic cable for the same price but I don't want any of that.

Also I'm connected through a wireless router.

G25r8cer

^^ Decent down speed but overpriced! With charter you can get that same speed for about $15-20 less.