i pay $70 a month for internet..

huh

• i pay more than that, for just internet.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • wow that's too much

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters

fortyways

banned
^^ Decent down speed but overpriced! With charter you can get that same speed for about $15-20 less.

It's overpriced because it's a monopoly. As far as I know, Cox is the only cable available to the apartment complex in Phoenix, AZ that I'm living in for the time being.

Even though there are surely other services in my area, as an apartment renter my choices are limited to what the management decides its renters should have. I lived in Roseville, CA for a couple months and the only options (for my apartment) were an obscenely overpriced 3mbps local cable company or DSL.

I suppose if I ever buy a house freedom in my choice of Internet provider will be one of the benefits.

But just in case, I will look up Charter. Is it a wide-spread provider? Do you happen to know their areas of service?

G25r8cer

I dont know there area of service but they are availible all over the place. If you have a long driveway they tend to not hook you up. At our old house we had a long driveway (300ft) and they wouldnt hook us up.

fortyways

banned
I dont know there area of service but they are availible all over the place. If you have a long driveway they tend to not hook you up. At our old house we had a long driveway (300ft) and they wouldnt hook us up.

My problem is similar, as previously stated: technically, as a renter, the largest thing I own is my car. I don't own the space where I park my car or the room I live in any more than one owns a car he or she has rented. I don't even own my fridge. I can't have a provider come install fixtures for "my" apartment in the same way that I can't Install a new door or paint "my" walls.

So, for now, I'm stuck with the overpriced ISPs management here has decided upon.

Langers2k7

Yeah, about 50 quid a month. ($100USD)

Although that's only because I live in the back 'o beyond and there's no line where I live, so I have a reciever dish outside my window =]

G25r8cer

We will probably be paying $60 a month (25 for 6 months) for charter cable 10mbps..

Thats still a rip off man. My moms bf gets a 10mb line and standard cable tv for $40 a month. Where do you guys live? It seems that everyone is getting ripped off.

G25r8cer

Well not exactly... I believe there's a 'transmitter' dish placed in the surrounding village and there are one of these for each back 'o beyond village in the area.

Wow!! Thats awesome. Those are crazy good speeds for being wireless or whatever you wanna call it.

dznutz

i pay 30 dollars for a 1.5 mbps connection. dsl and unlimited. used to be 17 bucks but that was the initial 1 year offer. ripoff or not?

lovely?

If you are paying for a 20mbit connection you are getting ripped off, your bandwidth is maybe at half that right now. Granted there is always over head but still, I would call and complain.

100 feet won't really make a difference. CAT 5 starts to lose quality in signal at over 100 meters (300 feet).

not cat5, wireless. and my signal isnt great, its like 45%