I want to buy a monster PC...

DanTheMan

Hello everyone! I have looked through this sight and am quite impressed by you guys!:) I have recently gained a very nice amount of money, and i really am into electronics. So i would like to build my own PC! My plan is to buy baisically the best computer possible! I would like you guys to tell me what ever the best to get it. My budget it baisically non-existent ($80,000...). (+ i after that i have enough to buy a new $5000 PC every 2 years for the next 30 years, which is my plan) I use my PC for intense gaming, multi-tasking, and media junk.

Included in the $80,000 dollar price range is i want a nice display setup...(i was thinking tri monitors, each like as big as possible...:))

i want a media center...

so include:
processor ( i was leaning toward AMD)
mobo
ram
video card
sound card
harddrive (i was thinking something that was fast... like 10,000 RPM or 15,000 RPM for primary and something HUGE for secondary)
Case (atx full tower)
cooling (i plan to OC best i can)
tuner
speakers (7.1)
display (three huge monitors)
OS ( i was plannin on media center... and getting vista when it came out)

i would like to buy everything from NewEgg.com......

Last edited:

Mr.Suave

r u serious? $80k and $5k every 2 years?!?!?! i would rather buy a nice car and a decent PC which you have now, or maby just upgrade the PC you have now to a x2 and a better GPU like the x1900xt.

well if you want to wait you can get the new AM2 CPU's and mobo's and the new 7900GTX 512mb in Quad SLI that are comming out. also theirs the $2.2k 30"monitor by DELL which is really nice.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
If money isnt an object, look at this. Although im sure Praetor could build you an even better one if you want.

EDIT: Im sure you could use this motherboard if you want to go to the upmost extreme.

Last edited:

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ahmm

Yes the motherboard is insane but does not have AGP or PCI-Express, rendering it useless in terms of graphics power which he seems to want given that he is building a media PC. MSI's Nforce 4 Professional motherboard (looks like this: http://img.hexus.net/v2/features/nforce4prolaunch/images/board_big.jpg - could not access MSI website for exact model) is a good choice becase it is SLI capable and allows for two dual-core processors. What more could you ask for?

JAN :D

Last edited:

ghost

Originally Posted by elmarcorulz
EDIT: Im sure you could use this motherboard if you want to go to the upmost extreme.

OMG didn`t think such things existed.

MatrixEVO

jancz3rt said:
Yes the motherboard is insane but does not have AGP or PCI-Express, rendering it useless in terms of graphics power which he seems to want given that he is building a media PC

The description says that it has 2 PCI-Express x16 slots.

DanTheMan

Pancakes said:
You wanna buy me a computer too? lol
yea, but then everyone else would be clamering 2 me

Mr.Suave said:
r u serious? $80k and $5k every 2 years?!?!?!
yea... but if i spend 20K it would be like 8K evry 2 years...

Mr.Suave said:
i would rather buy a nice car and a decent PC which you have now
i have a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet... and the wife and i are saved up for a SUV for kids... (she is preagnent)

Mr.Suave said:
maby just upgrade the PC you have now to a x2 and a better GPU like the x1900xt.
naw... to boring:)

Mr.Suave said:
well if you want to wait you can get the new AM2 CPU's and mobo's and the new 7900GTX 512mb in Quad SLI that are comming out.
dont want to wait... i'll get that in 2 years
or w/e

Mr.Suave said:
theirs the $2.2k 30"monitor by DELL which is really nice.
wouldn't this be better? see i want the biggest/best monitor i can get and have three of them:)

elmarcorulz said:
Im sure you could use this motherboard if you want to go to the upmost extreme.

no PCI slots? where would soundcard and stuff like that go? and would that be good for gaming?

can you guys make some configurations?
much appreciated!!!

suprasteve

well a couple things, number one, I don't think you could get an $80k computer for personal use if you tried, regardless of whether you can afford it or not, I just don't think the components are out there, I'm guessing the $10k range is about as much as you can spend and that's purposely just trying to spend money even at that level. Secondly, instead of a monitor, have you looked into projectors? Or what the heck, get both!

iggy101

IF only!!!

ur like the luckyest motherf*u**ing bastard on earth. i wouldnt even know were to begin to tell you what to get. Maybe for your display get 2 of dells 30" widescreen displays.
Displays
DELL MONITORS
HARD DRIVES
Main hard drive
Secondary and/or 3rd hard drive
Power supply
Pc power and cooling 1kw
Mother board
A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Video cards
Nvidia 7800 gtx 512mb
Put them in sli duh
CPU
AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Toledo
Case
koolance PC3-724BK
RAM
I dont know to much about high quality ram so ask someone else abou that

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Unless this is another one of those "Im rich, and you all are poor!" kind of guys. We've had many the past few weeks.

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
this guy seems much nicer than that guy that was boasting and having a go at people just because they gave an honest opinion of his rig. the threads elmarcorulz pointed you towards are a very good use of the budget if you wanna go spending like that. you will be very hard pushed to use that much money on a home system so whatever's left over you can just play with... or buy loads of games lol

MIK3daG33K

[-0MEGA-] said:
Unless this is another one of those "Im rich, and you all are poor!" kind of guys. We've had many the past few weeks.

LOL, everytime i hear someone say I'm rich, your poor it makes my anus quiver.

Geoff

VIP Member
Hairy_Lee said:
this guy seems much nicer than that guy that was boasting and having a go at people just because they gave an honest opinion of his rig. the threads elmarcorulz pointed you towards are a very good use of the budget if you wanna go spending like that. you will be very hard pushed to use that much money on a home system so whatever's left over you can just play with... or buy loads of games lol
Your probably right, its just that when he said he has extremely nice cars, and wants to spend 80 grand on a computer, it made me think twice :p