I want to buy a monster PC...

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
never knew you could have 2 30"'s, well duh, you could have like 8 52" if you really wanted, 2x30 isnt that great. And the system in his sig isnt that great either, yeh its damn swish and i wouldnt mind getting anywhere near taht in performance, but there are far greater systems out there, you were talking about it as if it was something that came from heaven, lol

dragon

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
never knew you could have 2 30"'s
They're new. :)

guys y r u still posting...? i decided what 2 get! and bought it!
This is a forum, not a help-request station, topics dont end unless they die from lack of talk or Management says so. ;) You also didnt answer my question from post 115 :)

Bobo

banned
Dude, this thread has been dead for 2 months, and he has probably not been back since....so why are you asking a question that will not be answered?

liquidshadow

why would you reply in the first place? Obviously, if the topic has been dead for that long, then it would have been pretty far back in the forum list.

Bobo

banned
liquidshadow said:
why would you reply in the first place? Obviously, if the topic has been dead for that long, then it would have been pretty far back in the forum list.
It was a link in another thread, that is how I was reading it.

Geoff

VIP Member
Burgon said:
INTEL is for multi-tasking, not AMD
But he also does intense gaming, so the AMD Dual-Core would be the best option.

And why are we still discussing this, didnt he already buy his computer?

idahoduk

80k is insane for just a computer. Build an addition to your house make it a movie room. Get the best projector you can get and some awesome seats and a kegerator. Spend the 10K on your gaming rig and your set. The only way you could spend 80K on a computer would be to set up a computer farm for 3D rendering. The software is outrageous so most people use linux software and spend a few weeks trying to get it working properly. But theres no point unless your really into 3D rendering. Was it voodoo or Falcon that had the 15K gold gaming rig? I'd imagine most of your expesses would be on accesories like a huge custom chassis or 3 50" plasmas. I once welded a custom case in my garage out of steel tubing and sheet metal. I was going to have it powder coated but I moved and scraped it.

mrjack

VIP Member
Yes the motherboard is insane but does not have AGP or PCI-Express, rendering it useless in terms of graphics power which he seems to want given that he is building a media PC. MSI's Nforce 4 Professional motherboard (looks like this: http://img.hexus.net/v2/features/nforce4prolaunch/images/board_big.jpg - could not access MSI website for exact model) is a good choice becase it is SLI capable and allows for two dual-core processors. What more could you ask for?

JAN :D

Too bad it's a socket 940 mobo.