I want to buy a monster PC...

DanTheMan

Hello, I just got an email a bit ago that told me some people responded to the thread. I must of had it so that i got emails when people responded or something....
Anyway. I was told to not buy a new computer until some processor called the "Conroe" came out. I heard it was Intel's new processor. When does the Intel Conroe come out? I just saw a Core 2 Duo online. Is that any good? Or what.
Thanks for whoever revived the thread and reminded me about this...

Cheers,
Dan

m0nk3ys1ms

Hello, I just got an email a bit ago that told me some people responded to the thread. I must of had it so that i got emails when people responded or something....
Anyway. I was told to not buy a new computer until some processor called the "Conroe" came out. I heard it was Intel's new processor. When does the Intel Conroe come out? I just saw a Core 2 Duo online. Is that any good? Or what.
Thanks for whoever revived the thread and reminded me about this...

Cheers,
Dan

The Core 2 Duo is out now. I highly suggest you go with one. I think you can squeeze the Core 2 Duo Extreme in your $80,000 budget, lol.:D
I can come up with a build for you if you like.

H-Bomb

Umm, the graphics cards wouldn't work in SLI. The board doesn't support it. I would change it to two X1900XTX's in Crossfire. But, that would be close to what I would come up with.
Your right i didn't notice that. I knew quad sli was unlikely.

DanTheMan

ok, can someone whip up a PC for me... don't worry about budget... best u can do (without making it into a server type PC)

H-Bomb

I changed my sig so that it does work but it doesn't matter. Ku-samas pc shud definately be your point of reference.

Filip

I would wait for the SLI Conroe boards to come out, and do quad SLI with 7950s

lol, 1st it was wait for conroe, now its wait for quad SLI compatible boards, lol, whats next? If it continues like this, guy will never buy a PC -_-

H-Bomb

You can already buy prebuilt Conroe + Quad SLI setups from people like iBuyPower so theres no good reason why you you shouldn't be able to build one.

34erd

You can already buy prebuilt Conroe + Quad SLI setups from people like iBuyPower so theres no good reason why you you shouldn't be able to build one.

Well, technicly neither conroe nor quad SLi have hit the retail market yet ;)

Dr Studly

banned
Approx: $9,800